PDA

View Full Version : When to buy nursing bras?

daisymommy
01-29-2006, 10:22 PM
I cannot believe that I'm almost 30 weeks!!! When should I go shopping for nursing bras? I'm growing out of the bras I'm wearing right now, but I can hang on for awhile until I'm closer to my due date, to get the best fit for actual nursing.

Are there good places to go for being fitted? I have no clue what size I am now!

Momof3Labs
01-30-2006, 10:07 AM
I found that when I was fitted last time while still pg, my size (esp. band size) was nowhere near what I was anytime after delivery. So those bras never fit very well, and were a waste. This time, I got two Yes bras for the early nursing days, and will buy some nicer nursing bras after a few weeks, when things settle down a bit.

I'd suggest Nordstrom for a bra fitting, but they don't carry many nursing bras, so it may or may not be helpful. Or try an online store like breakoutbras that has a lot of sizing info on their site, and a good return policy.

daisymommy
01-30-2006, 10:40 AM
Thanks Lori :) I can't believe your due date is so quickly approaching! I told DH I only had 10 weeks left to go and he freaked out! ;)