PDA

View Full Version : Gap roll panel jeans vs Old Navy roll panel jeans

pcha72
01-30-2006, 06:34 PM
I was at Old Navy this weekend and noticed that they have roll panel jeans, just like the Gap jeans. I tried them on and they actually look good...however, they have an elastic band on the bottom part of the waist, much like the elastic band on the demi panels. Personally, the demi panels never fit me because I'm petite and have a long torso, so the band usually ends up on my bulging belly and is always too tight- not comfortable.

I haven't been able to get the Gap roll panel jeans, since they're always out of my size online, so I can't compare the two. I think I'll probably trek the 20 miles or so to my nearest GapMaternity store. But before I brave the trip along with two energetic kids, can anyone tell me if the Gap jeans have that elastic band also? I read in a prior post that the jeans don't seem to stay up, so it sounds like it does not have that elastic band, but I just want to make sure.

I know this is a long post, and you'd think that I have at least figured out some things since this is DC #3, but I haven't! Thanks for reading and thanks so much in advance!

~P

kphil
01-30-2006, 07:02 PM
I had some of the Gap roll panel jeans, and they didn't stay up for me :(. They don't have any extra elastic band. I'm also petite, and I carry very low, and I can't wear Demi panels because they're too tight on my belly starting very early in the pregnancy. Strangely, the Gap roll panel shorts stayed up great, but maybe that's because it was earlier in my pregnancy when I wore them (I just delivered last week, and it was last summer I wore the roll panel shorts). Actually, nothing was staying up on me by the end this time. The slippery kind of material that the Gap and Old Navy use on their full belly panels now didn't work well for me, it would always slide down off my belly. The roll panel was super comfortable earlier in pregnancy though, and I was able to wear my roll panel jeans post partum, so maybe it would be worth trying a pair.

Good luck! (It was my 3rd pregnancy, too, but maternity clothes have changed a lot in the past couple years!)

Kirsten

ErinMC
01-30-2006, 09:28 PM
While I haven't tried the Gap roll panel jeans yet, I did buy a pair of the Old Navy roll panel pants last week. They fit me great in the store, but when I put them on the next day at home, they kept falling down - as I walked around, the elastic seemed to stretch out and I was struggling to pull my pants up repeatedly while running after a toddler. Not fun. So I returned them the next day.

I'm petite too, but don't have a long torso. Not sure if that makes a difference. I know some people love the roll panel but it just didn't work for me.
Hope this helps!
Erin

Mom to Chase Feb. 04
... and another little guy coming in June :-)

AdoptChina
01-31-2006, 12:26 AM
Ive only tried the Gap roll panel and didnt like them....they kept falling down...I do have a pair of the over the belly ones from Gap and those are ok....honestly my favorite ones so far are some I got at Motherhood

pcha72
02-01-2006, 01:28 PM
Thanks for your responses. I guess the search for the perfect maternity jeans will continue for me...

Kirsten: A little belated, but congratulations on your new baby!

~P

skipspin
02-01-2006, 04:29 PM
It sounds like you have decided, I'll chime in anyway. I ordered some the the GAp roll-panel a few weeks ago. Just to see I tried them on (I don't need maternity cloths yet) and wore them around the house. The slipped down a little bit, but after a few hours of doing laundry they still looked good on. Honestly, they look so good that I would wear them when I am not pg if my shirt covered them. So, yes, they slip down a little bit, but they don't FALL down.

I might be unhappy if they were original price, but I got them for $19.99 plus shipping and havn't found anything that I like better yet.

skipspin
02-01-2006, 04:29 PM
It sounds like you have decided, I'll chime in anyway. I ordered some the the GAp roll-panel a few weeks ago. Just to see I tried them on (I don't need maternity cloths yet) and wore them around the house. The slipped down a little bit, but after a few hours of doing laundry they still looked good on. Honestly, they look so good that I would wear them when I am not pg if my shirt covered them. So, yes, they slip down a little bit, but they don't FALL down.

I might be unhappy if they were original price, but I got them for $19.99 plus shipping and havn't found anything that I like better yet.

MNmomtobe
03-03-2006, 10:22 PM
I have the Gap roll panel jeans and they don't stay up. I have to wear a bella band over the panel! This gets uncomfortable after a while. However, they are probably my best looking maternity jeans. I am carrying low so this may have something to do with it.
I have the Old Navy full panel jeans that are soooo comfortable. I bought some of their tank tops (they are 2/$15 now) that are very long on me so I just tuck them into the jeans. It helps to hold up my jeans. If I didn't tuck into these jeans, they would ride down also since the panel is so soft and loose fitting.