PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for maternity undies?

AdoptChina
01-31-2006, 12:24 AM
Im still squeezing into my prepreg undies but at 23.5 weeks I really need some maternity ones. The ones I bought were from Motherhood and I hate them (first of all, TMI, but the crotch is way too narrow in the front and looks a bit like a backwards thong lol plus they are just kind of baggy etc....just really dont like them)

so, what kind should I try? I like both under belly and over belly....just no skimpy bikini/thongs ones
thanks!

Momof3Labs
01-31-2006, 08:41 AM
I've used both Target "under" belly and Old Navy underbelly this time. The Old Navy are my favorite, based on the way I carry, but they fit completely under the belly so may be too skimpy for you. The Target microfiber underbelly ones come up a bit higher, which didn't work for the way that I carry but you may like them because they aren't a skimpy bikini.

AdoptChina
01-31-2006, 10:38 AM
thanks....right now Im just wearing the Victorias secret cotton bikinis (but they arent the string kind)...they fit except the elastic is starting to dig into my belly as it grows lol...need something that has more belly room in it but not a big ol' butt LOL

Ill check out Target

wencit
01-31-2006, 01:14 PM
I'm totally not the skimpy bikini/thong type of person either, but I've been wearing underbelly panties from Mimi Maternity, and absolutely love them. I was hesitant at first, because I thought they might be too low, but they do provide enough "coverage" in the front and back. They're so comfortable, I'm thinking of switching to bikini-type underwear even after this pregnancy is over. :) I have heard bad things about the undies at Motherhood, but Mimi's seem to be of higher quality.

HTH.

mskitty
02-01-2006, 06:27 PM
How about trying the Victoria's Secret cotton low rise bikinis? They are lower than the regular bikinis but still have some coverage. They might work by being underneath your belly.

MsKitty

divabell
02-02-2006, 10:07 AM
I have been extremely happy w/ the Gap bikinis this time. They are sold on the maternity page but I'm not sure if they are that different from the regular bikinis. I am a recent convert to bikini undies and these don't feel skimpy to me at all. They are completely under the belly and very comfortable. Sometimes you can find them on the sale page but they tend to sell out fast in all but the smallest sizes.

hautemama15
02-02-2006, 07:34 PM
I wear Japanese Weekend undies and also cotton hipsters from Victorias Secret. The hipsters are sort of like boyshorts, but a little less coverage. They work great for me!

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
02-03-2006, 10:53 PM
I liked the shape of my Old Navy Maternity undies (bikini cut) when I was pregnant with DD. They were comfortable and not terribly expensive. So I didn't mind wearing them those few messy days after DD was born and then tossing them out when they got stained. The Motherhood ones are a lot bigger - even the bikini ones are kind of like granny panties. I plan on buying some more Old Navy undies in a couple of weeks, once I develop a bigger belly. Right now my pre-preg undies are working out fine. (I'm only 12 weeks).

bunnisa
02-04-2006, 05:18 PM
I posted about this earlier -- I really love the microfiber Hanes Perfect panties. Super stretchy, very cheap, and COMFORTABLE! I think they'll be great postpartum, too!

Bethany
mom to one and one on the way!
http://lilypie.com/days/060226/0/8/1/-6/.png
"And children are always a good thing, devoutly to be wished for and fiercely to be fought for."
-J. Torres

eden0215
02-11-2006, 10:23 PM
anyone tried Bravado underwear? are they good? specifically this is for a gift item and she likes thong underwear usually. This is NOT my area of expert knowledge because I personally HATE thong panties. Any wearers out there have some thoughts?

longtallsally
02-14-2006, 07:02 PM
>anyone tried Bravado underwear? are they good? specifically
>this is for a gift item and she likes thong underwear usually.
>This is NOT my area of expert knowledge because I personally
>HATE thong panties. Any wearers out there have some thoughts?

Pardon me while I rave...

I have 6 pairs of the Bravado Briefs and I love them as much as I hate thongs! In fact, Bravado Briefs are all I have worn since my 24th week. Well worth the $$$, I highly reccommend them. I found that the Bravado Bikinis were too small for me by the time I ordered them, so I just returned them (unworn, of course!) and kept the briefs. Considering that your friend prefers skimpy thongs over bikinis, I would give her the bikinis, especially if she isn't very far along in her pregnancy. I plan to try the Bravado Bikinis after my pregnancy is over and my size goes back to normal, so that my undies will match my nursing bras.

Previous to owning the Bravado Briefs, I had rejected all over-the-belly undies as granny-ish and uncomfortable. As soon as I tried on the Bravado Briefs, I retired my Old Navy bikinis and briefs (uncomfortable elastic waistband) and Motherhood bikinis (baggy booty that kept creeping up) to the back of the drawer! Bravado undies don't cut into your belly b/c there is no elastic waistband in front, and the rear end stays put. The brief can be folded down so it goes under the belly, if you like. Bravado undies match the maternity and nursing bras, which is good if you don't like a mismatched look. Also, the butterscotch color is invisible under clothes (even white). So far they have held up well, and I follow the laundering directions (no fabric softener, line dry). I think I could use these through another pregnancy.

I paid $31.50 for my bras and $18 per two pair of undies. I ordered from BabyCenter, and got free shipping. They usually have their Bravado stuff priced for less than you can buy it from the Bravado website. If you sign up for BabyCenter e-mails, they will alert you to coupon codes good for %off &/or free shipping, so you can go for whatever the best deal is. BabyCenter is also good about returns & exchanges as long as the stuff is unworn and in original packaging.

Hope that helps!

L.

longtallsally
02-19-2006, 01:07 AM
I forgot that Bravado also makes maternity thong underwear to coordinate with their bras. Can't vouch for the comfort of the thong, but you can check it out on their website or Baby Center.

L.

tarynsmum
02-20-2006, 07:10 PM
I can't really say anything for Bravado, but if she likes thongs, then best to stay with them. For years I've only worn thongs from VS. I thought at first when I was pregnant with DD I would have to go the maternity underwear "granny panty" look. I tried briefs, even under belly kind, and absolutely hated it. I just waited for a semi-annual sale at VS and bought up a ton of M, L, and XL thongs in the super stretch they have (body by? I can't remember now). For those weeks right after Taryn was born I just bought large VS cotton briefs (and suffered through until I could go back). So trust me: stick with what you like!

~Heather

http://b1.lilypie.com/MCZhm5.png (http://lilypie.com)

sophiesmom
02-25-2006, 11:08 AM
I bought undies from Target. Will double check the name. They were more like regular undies than bikini. Came on a hanger of 3. Were very comfy, I also bought a 3 pack of a size bigger for the hospital and after, to wear w/ pads.

MommyAllison
02-25-2006, 06:06 PM
Congrats and welcome to Ava! Do we get the story and/or pics? :)

Allison
http://b1.lilypie.com/XvRAm8/.png (http://lilypie.com)

sophiesmom
02-25-2006, 07:01 PM
Thank you! Ava Rose was born on February 21, 2006. She came 1 hour past her due date! 8 lbs, 9 oz. & 20 3/4".

All went well w/ delivery, except I didn't get an epdural which was awful, and we had meconium in the fluid. She did great though and so sweet!

We've been home since Thurs. and doing good. BFing is going great! The kids are also doing great w/ her. Loving her and helping me a lot!

I don't know how to post pics, can u tell me how?

Thanks again!

MommyAllison
02-25-2006, 10:38 PM
Glad to hear everything went well! And yay that your kids love her already!

To post a picture, you'll need to make sure the file size is small enough and the pic is small enough to view easily - I have only done this once but I made my pic 480x640 - it was okay but probably should have been a little smaller. Then click on "click here to choose your attachments" when in the screen to post, then browse to find your pic, then choose the format (most likely .jpg). If you want your pic to be embedded in the post (it automatically shows in your post instead of having a link) choose that, then click upload file! Good luck - hope that wasn't too confusing!

Allison
http://b1.lilypie.com/XvRAm8/.png (http://lilypie.com)

sophiesmom
02-26-2006, 01:26 PM
Thanks! I am so relieve the kids are doing well. My first had a bad 1st week when DS came home, but she was really young (22 mos). By the way I love your daughters name, especially the spelling! Isabella was one of my names but my husband didn't care for it, but I like Isabelle a lot!

Ok going to try to do a pic now. I have no idea how to make them smaller so I'll just try with what I have.:-)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/32369.jpg

tarynsmum
02-26-2006, 06:22 PM
Congratulations! She's so sweet!

~Heather

sophiesmom
02-28-2006, 09:47 PM
Thank you! So far she's been a great baby! We're trying out our Miracle Blanket for the first time tonight!

Davids-Coco
03-19-2006, 01:18 PM
I HAVE to rave too. I love love love these. They don't have elastic in the front and you don't get the pressure across your bladder. They have been a great thing. I have been wearing their bikinis only... but I normally wear bikinis.

They are spendy, but so worth it.