PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody use these.......

chinnari
02-07-2006, 10:22 PM
Does anybody use the nipple covers with your nursing bras? Which type(adhesive or non adhesive) would be good and safe to use while breastfeeding? I would love to get all your opinions on nipple covers
TIA
chinnari

Momof3Labs
02-08-2006, 08:08 AM
Do you have a link? Not sure which ones you are talking about.

chinnari
02-08-2006, 11:14 AM
I was referring to these items
http://www.laurensilva.com/nipple_covers_s/9.htm
Sorry for the confusion.
chinnari

Momof3Labs
02-08-2006, 12:13 PM
I wouldn't think that they would be a good idea. It's best to have natural fabrics near your nipples so that they can air out between feedings, etc - something like this looks like it would be a breeding ground for thrush.

Why would you want/need something like this while bf'ing?

Zansu
02-08-2006, 03:06 PM
Your nursing pads should remove any hint of nipple visibility.

octmom
02-08-2006, 07:45 PM
Nursing pads will cover up anything that is poking out, but they are sometimes obvious under certain clothing, such as knits. I used to buy disposable stick-on things called Petals before my first pregnancy. I'm one of those people who cannot hide it when I am chilly. ;) I picked up something else reusable called Dimmers a few months ago and they work well. They're made of silicone, I think. Not cheap, but you don't throw them away. I woulnd't use either of those things while nursing though. If you want to try something other than bulky nursing pads, some folks here swear by something called Lily Padz. I haven't tried them, but may pick up a pair after DD comes along next month.

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
DD is scheduled to arrive via c/s on March 21! :)

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."