PDA

View Full Version : GlamourMom questions

Niki_n_Abby
02-20-2006, 09:43 AM
I'm sorry if this has been asked a thousand times but I have a few questions about GlamourMom tanks.

I see they are really popular and I'm really interested in them. I didn't have any nursing clothes with my first dd except for bras and I'd really like come cute nursing specific clothes this time.

My questions: I see that they can hold nursing pads, but do they show right through? My baby is due in August and I'd like to wear these instead of regular bras while it is hot then under my clothes for the winter and then again as shirts next summer. Is this reasonable?

Also, I'm a little comfused on their sizing. I wear a size 2-4 which would put me in a small but wear a 34D which puts me in a medium. Is it better to go with bra size or clothes size when ordering?

Anything else you'd like to share?

Thanks for any advice!
Niki

nfowife
02-20-2006, 11:17 AM
I would go with a medium for a 34D. Also, I would get the bra style, NOT the tank style. The straps on the tank style are horrible if you have a larger chest (I'm a 34DD right now and they are not supportive at all). The bra straps on the bra style are great and much more supportive! I don't personally wear them out and about because they are kind of low cut IMO, but they are great for wearing under other stuff! I have 3 bra styles that I love and a tank style that I never wear because the support just isn't there.

new_mommy25
02-20-2006, 12:02 PM
I wear a 34DD and a size medium. However I also normally wear a 6. So a small might work for you since you are tiny. You could order one of both and return. Or you could check online and see if there is a store near you that carries them so you could try them on. Where I live there are at least 3 stores around me that have them.

I'm going to disagree with the PP and say that I really like the tank style. I have a bunch of them and I've never had a problem with them being unsupportive. I plan on using mine again with the new baby. Personally, I think the bra style is really ugly if you're going to be wearing them as a shirt.

jenjenfirenjen
02-20-2006, 03:13 PM
For me, with the white tank, I had to wear nursing pads or my nipples would show through (plus, you can see the little cut out circle through the fabric which looks funny.) I used cloth nursing pads and you really couldn't see them through the material. However, for wearing alone in summer, I dunno. I'm a 36D and they are just too low cut for me. I wear them around the house and yard and what not but otherwise, it wear them under something else.

MommyAllison
02-20-2006, 06:58 PM
I wear the bra-style tanks, and have found that sometimes I can see the outline of the nursing pads through the tank (I use the Lansinoh disposables, and can see the crease - the pads come folded in half and the crease takes a few hours to flatten out completely IME). However, I never wear the tank without something over it (except at home) and with a shirt over the tank, it looks fine. I think the tank w/out nursing pads looks very strange, since there is only one layer of fabric where the nursing pad is supposed to go, and two layers everywhere else. Creates a bullseye effect IMO! I wear a medium and am probably a 34D when nursing (regularly a 34C) - my problem is that the tanks are still a bit shorter than I'd like. If you're going for longer length, get the tanks w/the lace trim on the bottom - they add an inch or so to the length. I do like my GM tanks a lot though - I still leak too much to think about skipping nursing pads!

Edited to fix typo

Allison

http://b1.lilypie.com/XvRAm8/.png (http://lilypie.com)