PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I find a pair of pants that fits and don't fall off?

KrisM
02-24-2006, 10:22 PM
I tried on every pair of maternity jeans at the mall the other day. Nothing fits right. I tried my normal size and 1 size smaller. Everything just slides right off. Part of the problem is everything has "stretch" in it now and after 5 minutes, it's too big. I have 1 pair of Gap knit pants that I wear every day because they stay up better than others, but I am still pulling them up every 10 minutes.

Any ideas of decent jeans that stay up? This is crazy!

tina-t
02-24-2006, 10:57 PM
I really like the Gap maternity jeans that I have. It has a full panel though (over the belly), and maybe, that helps in keeping the jeans up.

Some other ladies have suggested the Bella Band which also helps keep pants (which are still a little loose) stay up.

http://www.bellaband.com/bellaband.html

hautemama15
02-25-2006, 11:28 AM
Mimi maternity carries some designer jeans that are 100% cotton with no stretch and fit like a dream!! They are by Streets of LA, Blue 2, and Hippie. They do have some that are stretch and their own Mimi jeans have stretch too. I have one pair of Streets of LA that are not stretch and they never fall down on me. Also, my Gap no panel jeans were great at staying up, but it is tough to wear them now that I am so big. I have tried just pushing them under this big belly and it doesn't work for long.

KrisM
02-28-2006, 08:57 PM
Thanks to both. I'm going to try to find a Gap near me and try more on.

MNmomtobe
03-01-2006, 03:33 AM
I really wanted to be done buying maternity clothes but the past 2-3 weeks (I'm currently almost 26 weeks), I decided I couldn't be uncomfortable for the next 3 1/2 months so I had to buy another pair of maternity jeans. I have three different pairs and they have all been great for different stages of pregnancy.
I have a pair of Gap flare demi-panel jeans that were great early in my pregnancy until about 1 month ago when they started feeling so tight. Then I have a pair of Gap no-panel low-rise jeans that are great with a Bella band. There are days when I just can't do the Bella band thing though.
I just bought a pair of Old Navy bootcut full-panel jeans last week and they are soooo comfy! I bought a few of their maternity tanks also and they are super long so I just tuck them into the jeans and that helps to hold them up. Then I wear a long-sleeve shirt or sweater over it.
One thing about the Bella band. You can't trust their sizing. They come in sizes 1-3. Size 1 supposedly fits prepreg sizes 0-8 but I felt that it was too tight for me and I was a size 2 prepreg with slim hips. I am carrying low however and I find the Bella size 2 to be much more comfy. The size 2 is supposed to fit prepreg sizes 10-14.

BeachBum
03-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Although I swore I would never wear the full panel, after I hit a certain point I couldn't do with out it! My pants fell down one day at the grocery store and after that it was full panel all the time!

KrisM
03-08-2006, 02:26 PM
Which Gap ones do you have?

I tried Old Navy and those don't stay up, either. I want to order from Gap, but am not sure which to try.

tina-t
03-11-2006, 11:27 AM
It is the classic panel boot cut stretch jeans. I don't see it on the website anymore but I have seen it on ebay. Here is an example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-GAP-MATERNITY-CLASSIC-PANEL-JEANS-D4-MEDIUM-REG_W0QQitemZ5478865594QQcategoryZ11535QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem (not my auction, just showing you what it looks like).

HTH!