PDA

View Full Version : Maternity Pillows

genevieve
03-06-2006, 06:47 AM
I'm 14 weeks along and a stomach sleeper. I've started sleeping on my side but keep waking up on my back. I know this will be an issue in a couple of weeks. Any ideas on what kind of pillow will help me stay on my side?

Also, it can't take up too much room. My husband and I sleep on an antique bed that's been in my family for years. If the pillow is too large there's not enough room for all of us. I don't think my husband will appreciate sleeping on the sofa for the next 6 months!

Genevieve

new_mommy25
03-06-2006, 06:43 PM
I'm loving my Bosom Baby pillow. It's also a nursing pillow and seems to be much more supportive than the Boppy I had the first time around. I bought mine at Babycenter.com. You can go through ebates for a certain % back.

JenDC
03-10-2006, 12:27 PM
I have the snoogle pillow and I love it! Yes, it does take up room but I don't move much when sleeping with it- I sleep on my left side with the snoogle wrapping around my back. I just end up sleeping near the edge of the bed.
Jen

LBW
03-11-2006, 09:20 AM
I have the Snoogle pillow and wish I had known about the Bosom Buddy pillow. The Snoogle IS comfortable, but I have to flip sides several times a night b/c of hip pain and it's a major ordeal to also flip the Snoogle. Also, if you have space issues in bed, I don't think the Snoogle will work. It takes up room at your back, rather than in your front. I find that using a support pillow in the front really doesn't take up much real estate in bed because my body is curving around it (does that make sense?). Whereas, a pillow at your back uses up a lot of room.

The Bosom Buddy looks really comfy and it can be used as a nursing pillow after birth. I'm probably going to order one as my nursing pillow.

Good luck!

mic5000
03-15-2006, 03:49 PM
I am a back sleeper and had to adjust to sleeping on my side.

I started out with a body pillow and found it was too large for me. I have purchased the Snoogle at 15 weeks along and found that I still have hip pains, especially if I place it between my legs. I'm 23 weeks now and although the hip pains don't go away, the Snoogle has soothed my back. I too flip a lot. Instead of flipping the snoogle, I will flip myself on the bed, so that my head is where my feet were. I flip about every hour to two hours. I pat myself on the back if I slept longer than that.

I also bought the Boppy wedge and it hurts my back and belly after a while when propping it under my belly.

My favorite pillow I found for my belly is a small rectangular FOM pillow I bought a while back at Brookstone!

Sometimes as an alternative to the snuggling with the Snoogle, (which I'm slowly getting used to)is placing the wedge at my back and FOM with the belly. This way I don't freak out when leaning towards my back, the wedge props it up. I don't think my hips pains will go away until after birth.

Hope all that helps.

mama4jc
03-19-2006, 10:31 PM
Also wanted to say that I love, love, love the Bosom Baby pillow that I got! You can use it between your legs or you can use it as a pillow w/ your shoulder in the 'v' of the pillow so that when you sleep on your side, your neck isn't craned in a weird position! Plus, it also doubles as a nursing pillow later on and the fabrics are to die for! :) You should definitely check it out! :)