PDA

View Full Version : What's the best gift you received while pregnant?

ged
03-14-2006, 12:40 PM
Not sure if this is the right forum, but I want to get my pregnant girlfriends something that is for them, not the baby. I had thought to give them some cocao/shea body butter from the Body Shop, since I used that while I was pregnant...but I know there are other ideas out there. I just can't think of anything. I know spa type goodies are popular, but I honestly don't think my friends will use them (?) . Also, something not totally obvious like a journal, since they probably already bought it for themselves. They are all in their second trimester, and beyond.

So, if you were pregnant what would you love to receive? Thanks.

elliput
03-14-2006, 01:49 PM
The best gift I received was pretty pricey- a day at the spa. DH found a spa that had a package for pregnant Mama's which included hand and foot paraffin dip, facial, manicure, pedicure, massage and lunch. It was heavenly!

I would have been thrilled to have received a gift certificate for a maternity store. I think any pregnant woman would be happy to received almost anything that is for *them* and not a baby gift.

ged
03-16-2006, 08:04 PM
Bump!

writermama
03-16-2006, 09:23 PM
I got a gift certificate for a pedicure --it was wonderful in my 3rd trimester when I couldn't see, much less reach my toes.

My DH also gave me a gift certificate for a Prenatal Massage -- that was heavenly, though a bit more pricey than the pedicure.

CiderLogan
03-17-2006, 02:11 PM
Another vote for a pedicure - especially since it's almost sandal season! :) It was a treat to have pretty feet since reaching them myself was impossible. I'm planning to treat myself to some this time!
Jenny
Mom to Julia, 8/03
...and another GIRL due 5/29/06!