PDA

View Full Version : Glamourmom tanks for large breasted women?

mum1day
03-22-2006, 09:57 AM
Before I order one, I would like to know if I will be able to wear it without totally spilling out, iykwim? I'm fairly large breasted (38DDD). I hate how I spill out of tanks because they aren't made for large breasted women, even though I have fairly skinny arms.

What do you think? I'm due in 2 weeks and know I am going to need this tank for the summer.

TIA!

Momof3Labs
03-22-2006, 10:07 AM
I'm torn on these. I'm a 38D - 38DD in the early days of nursing (now) and ordered large bra tanks. They show a bit too much cleavage to wear alone (or with only a jacket over them). I am considering trying an XL just to see if it helps with the cleavage thing but am not sure if XL would be too big; the larges fit fine other than that issue!

nfowife
03-22-2006, 11:14 AM
I prefer the bra style glamourmoms because on the tank style, the straps tend to stretch out as the day goes on. Then it gets to the point where they are tightened all the way and still too long! The bra strap style is much better because it has bra straps. Anyhow, I'm a 34DD currently and cannot imagine wearing the tanks by themselves. They are too low cut for that if you are larger chested. I wear a L and there is plenty of cleavage. I love my GM tanks but I wear them as a layering piece instead of a bra, never alone. I earned a free one and bought a cute patterned tank style top (after owning 3 of the bra style ones) and wore it out one night. My DH made a lot of comments about the cleavage and I just felt uncomfortable, like I was hanging out all night!

HawkeyeGal
03-24-2006, 01:37 PM
Well, I'm not that well endowed (38 D when nursing) and I think they are a bit tight. Maybe I'm just too big since I haven't gotten rid of all this extra fat, but my "girls" feel smooshed, expecially in the morning. I have to say that I haven't felt the love for this tank.

cynsteele
04-15-2006, 09:56 PM
I'm the same size as you, although I may be a cup size or two larger in the Medela bra I just bought. And it didn't work for me at first. I just posted to someone else's question about it. I think I'm going to give it a try again, but in my earlier days of nursing I couldn't function with them and get our latching comfortable. Now that the baby is 9 weeks and I don't need to help/control her latch very much, I'll try it again.

However, I agree with others - I can't really wear them alone except around the house. and my breasts felt so heavy in them - like they were pulling the straps down. Now I'm less engorged/full since things have started to regulate a little, so I'll give it a try again at home after work this week.

I have the bra style. Definitely clevage was showing but then again I don't usually wear tanks along even pre-baby since I feel uncomfortable with the clevage issue.. The material itself is really comfy, feels great on.

ETA- the sizing was confusing since I'd be a large in band size but an XXL in cup size. I got an XL so maybe I need a different size?

Cynthia

cvharris
04-18-2006, 06:57 AM
I am a 38DD while nursing and I was wearing the glamourmoms exclusively and much preferred the bra top style to the tank style, it had much more support. I exchanged a size L for a size XL because my boobs were spilling out too much in the L. The XL could contain the cleavage fine.

However, I found that the breast openings inside the tank weren't large enough for my breasts - after getting plugged ducts a couple of times on one side. :(

Carolee
Mama to Ben (6/03) and Nate (12/05)

DeeEast
04-18-2006, 10:17 AM
I had two large regular tanks and they were so uncomfortable that I sold them. Then I ordered an extra large bra tank and love it! I even got my free one in Extra Large. I measure a 38 right now but the large was just smooshing me all over. The extra large fits great and is very comfortable. I say size up.

daisymommy
04-18-2006, 05:19 PM
I'm a 44DD right now, and the XXL bra style tank just fits me. I am already spilling out of the sides, and quite a bit of cleavage is showing. I think anyone bigger than I am would not be happy with the fit of these tanks. I'm actually not crazy about them--they are just *okay* which isn't saying alot since they are so expensive!

Updated to say that yes--I am wearing the XXL size, not the XL size, and it *just* fits.

Chaunacey
04-18-2006, 06:19 PM
Don't forget they come in a 2x size in the bra style. I was 38DD pre-pregnancy/42E now/and who knows what after my milk comes in. I just got the 2x size and they fit great now (I wouldn't have a problem going out in it to the store or or something, no spilling out yet!). I hope they stil fit after my milk comes in, however. Super comfy for me though. I will get great use of them until that time either way.