PDA

View Full Version : need long shirts to cover PP belly

skohng
03-23-2006, 03:41 PM
hi all,

i'm not looking for maternity wear or transitions wear, but long shirts (tshirts and camisoles) to layer under my other clothes. my postpartum belly, aka muffin-top, spills out of all my regular shirts!

thanks.

dbianca23
03-23-2006, 08:21 PM
i like the old navy tiny fit tanks, they're super long, i can even wear them while pg.

mum1day
03-23-2006, 08:41 PM
I just ordered the glamourmom bra tank that is like a cami, but allows for nursing so I don't have to show my own PP belly (which is going to be lovely, BTW--stretch marks and all!). It seems like a good idea, and hopefully it will work.

JacksMommy
03-24-2006, 03:02 PM
There's been some recent chatter about this in the lounge and people recommended www.layersclothing.com and www.shadeclothing.com for great layering items.

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
Baby Madeline 12/14/04

lizajane
03-24-2006, 08:32 PM
yes yes yes!!!

i have a super long torso and i LOVE my shade shirts. JUST got them. ordered more right away!!!

skohng
03-24-2006, 09:18 PM
shade clothing looks great!! question - does it cover low-rise jeans pretty well?

also can these tshirts be worn alone or are they see-through-ey?

thanks again!

daniele_ut
03-25-2006, 09:55 PM
Yes, they cover your backside and tummy when you are wearing low rise jeans. I have 7 of them now because they were selling them at our local Costco for about 40% off since it is a local company (2 tanks, 3 short sleeve, and 2 long sleeve). I often wear the l/s ones alone. If you want to wear the short sleeve ones without layering I would recommend the Shade Baby Tees, since they have hemmed sleeves instead of the overlocked ones on the regular s/s. They aren't see through, though!

I haven't tried the Layers yet but plan to pick up a few of those too.

skohng
03-25-2006, 10:31 PM
thanks for the tip daniele! lucky you, to have it locally.

tribegirl3
03-26-2006, 02:32 PM
Another vote for Shade! I am 15 weeks preggers with my second child (have been hugely showing for a few weeks now) and can still wear the Shade shirts and be comfortably covered! LOVE SHADE!!! www.modbeclothing.com has some awesome stuff too. I know a rep if you are interested, just let me know!

Angie