PDA

View Full Version : Bravado Supreme or Glamourmom Tank to hospital?

mum1day
03-23-2006, 08:45 PM
My bag has been packed, but after just receiving both of these, I'm debating as to which one I should pack in my bag.

Thoughts from experienced Mamas?

I didn't take one the first time and I regretted it!

TIA

nfowife
03-23-2006, 11:17 PM
I would do the glamourmom I think. More stretchy to cover your pp belly, and I think it will be more comfy.

new_mommy25
03-24-2006, 10:37 PM
I'm going to take a glamourmom.

cynsteele
04-15-2006, 09:50 PM
I would pack both, a bra doesn't take up much space. The glamourmom tank did NOT work for me when I started nursing. Now that I am more experienced with nursing, I am going to try it again, but it's not something I can wear out of the house without a top covering it since it makes me look very large chested and doesn't have much support.

I needed to hold my breast with my hand in a certain way, and couldn't do that with the glamourmom tank since there was material in the way. Now I don't really do that so it occurred to me to try it again. My baby is 9 weeks old.

Cynthia

jenjenfirenjen
04-16-2006, 06:55 PM
Neither? If I had to take one, I'd bring the Bravado. I agree with PP that you can't really get a hold of your breast with the Glamourmom tank and I remember needing to do that with a newborn. I really hated my Bravados. I'm bringing my Blue Canoe Jane bra..not really a nursing bra but it's a crossover style so you can just pop a boob out and go.

nfowife
04-16-2006, 08:55 PM
You know, I agree with the PP even though I said to bring the glamoumom. It is a great bra top, but in the beginning when you are getting the hang of things and need quick access to your entire BB (at least I did), the glamourmom isn't the easiest because it only exposes your nip area. I'd go with a regular bravado or Yes! type bra, or one of the other crossover bras. But personally, I only wore the hosptial gown and no bra the whole time at the hospital. I only put a bra on when I showered and changed into clothes to go home!

cynsteele
04-17-2006, 01:29 PM
I realize now that I didn't wear a bra at the hospital either - only to go home. I had a Fancee Free, I think it's called - got this one: http://www.motherwear.com/prod.cfm/cid/50/sid/6270 but I would have been fine & comfortable with a softer bra. The problem with this bra and many others is that there are seams right across the nipple - after a few days of nursing I really needed bra pads to protect me from the bra since I was getting very sore.

Cynthia