PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Glamourmom - please help!

jray
03-24-2006, 11:38 PM
I'm interested in purchasing these tanks, but had some questions:

1) I'm 1 week post-partum. Would the regular GM tanks cover my bulge? I noticed GM has maternity nursing tanks, but I'm afraid I wouldn't get enough use out of them now.

2) Can you wear the GM tank alone with jeans, etc? If so, can you see the nursing pad underneath?

3) Do you still need to wear a nursing bra underneath?

4) Does someone want to swap codes with me? I'm in the market to buy 3 if you are!

5) Where can I find the best deal?

6) Do they shrink when you wash/dry them? Or stretch funny?

7) How in the world do I begin with sizing. I'm normally a small, but my tatas are HUGE right now and so is my belly. Should I order a medium or two, and then a few smalls?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

nfowife
03-25-2006, 09:13 AM
Congrats on your new addition! I'll try to answer your questions...

1) I would get the regular they are stretchy and will be fine to cover your tummy. I wore mine from about 4 days pp and still wear them today (I've lost all the weight and a few more lbs., though still a little flabbier than I'd like...) and they fit great.

2) I guess you could if you were small chested, but personally I don't feel comfortable in the tank alone. I am a 34E right now and wear a large. It's a bit too low cut and cleavage-y for me IMO. I wear them as a layering piece under other things (tanks, sweaters, button down blouses, those gauzy tunic things, etc.). I wore the lansinoh disposable pads in the beginning. You can see them under the white tanks (but you can also see the nursing openings under the white tanks as well). Under the darker tanks it isn't a problem. The tanks all have a mesh pocket for the pad to stick into so when you open the flap to nurse the pad doesn't fall out which is nice.

3. No- the GM is your nursing bra.

4. I don't need any more- I've got 4! Sorry! But one thing I did was buy one through a code swap here, and then I had my MIL buy 2 for me using my code and I just paid her back. Then I earned the free one that way.

5) I got mine through the GM website with a free shipping code. The prices are pretty similar everywhere and if you don't go through them, you can't use the code so to me it was worth $2-3 more per tank to earn the free one.

6) I've washed and dried them with no shrinking problems. I don't hang them to dry- well, I did at first but then I threw one in the dryer by accident and it was fine, so now they all go in the dryer every time, on medium heat :).

7) I would order based on your BB size that you think you will be when your supply settles a little. I found my band size is back to what it was before I got pg, and my bb's are about 1-2 sizes larger (was a 34-36 large C/average D, now am a 34DD). So I wear a large. Pre-pg., I wore a medium in most tops or about a size 10 in sized tops.

I have 3 of the bra-style tanks and 1 regular style (tank style). I MUCH MUCH prefer the bra style because the straps are like regular bra straps. I found that on the tank style the straps are just made of the same fabric as the tank, which looks better, but as the day goes on they stretch out so I was constantly tightening them until I couldn't tighten anymore, which was not comfortable. The bra straps are so much more supportive and stretchy and they stay adjusted where you put them the whole time.