PDA

View Full Version : what to wear under skirts and dresses?

psophia17
04-17-2006, 01:04 AM
Usually in summer I wear these lovely pantyhose shorts thingies I bought years ago under skirts and dresses, to keep my thighs from rubbing together when I walk. They look like just the control top part of pantyhose, but aren't tight in a control top kind of way.

I would love to find something like this, but maternity, to wear with skirts this summer, but everything that might work out looks too constricting to me (lots of girdle-y things, which I just don't want to deal with).

Any ideas on where to look for something to wear under a skirt?

divabell
04-17-2006, 05:07 AM
Have you tried wearing what you usually wear and just wearing it under your belly? I bought some maternity tights during the winter but they kept slipping down to that position anyway so I finally just started leaving them there, and it was OK. I don't work and don't have to wear them every day or anything, so I don't know if it would have gotten tiresome, but it got me by for the times I did need to wear them (even yesterday for Easter, at 37.5 weeks!).

chrissyhowie
04-17-2006, 10:08 AM
How about maternity bike shorts?

scarletsmommy
04-17-2006, 11:10 PM
I know spanx sells a maternity line. I don't remember where I saw them, but I will be hunting for them myself shortly. I can't remember what lengths they are available in though!