PDA

View Full Version : Yes! Bra in larger sizes?

psophia17
04-21-2006, 05:12 PM
Has anyone in a large size tried out the Yes! Bra?

I am interested in getting a couple of them, but I'm hesitant since my heavy, hangy humps need quite a lot of support.

On a normal day, I'm a 38DDD/E, while engorged, I went up to an H (at least), and once my supply evened out I was an F on one side, a G onthe other...will a Yes! bra work for me, you figure?

sidmand
04-22-2006, 09:35 AM
It depends what you're really looking for. I wouldn't wear them out of the house (unless it was under a sweatshirt or something fairly heavy). It doesn't give a lot of support--it's a good nighttime bra though, just to kind of hold them in and less leakage--IYKWIM.

I had 2 Yes! Bras and ended up a) sewing the straps because otherwise it was definitely flop city (and I'm a horrible seamstress, but even I could do that!) and b) pretty much only wearing them at night or if I was just hanging around the house.

If you'd like to wear something that actually makes you look kind of nice, I'd go for the Bravado Supreme (not the regular Bravado) or the Anita 5062.

BTW: I was probably a 42/44 E/F/G or so.

Debbie

Mom to Sawyer!
http://lilypie.com/baby1/060607/0/3/1/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

nfowife
04-22-2006, 02:03 PM
I agree with Debbie. I have 4 Yes! bras- 2 in the + style and 2 in the ++ style, and I MUCH prefer the + style. The ++ has like no support, I just felt like I was wearing nothing with a big elastic band! At least the + style has 2 individual cups so your BB's are somewhat contained. I wouldn't wear them out of the house though, I much prefer my Anita 5062's for everyday use (I have 2 and LOVE them. Worth every $$$) or my glamourmoms for a more relaxed or layered look. Oh and I'm a 34E when nursing.

writermama
04-23-2006, 08:30 AM
I agree with the PP -- I'm also a 38 DDD and I have 3 4++ Yes! bras. While I like them better than my Bravados (the old style, I haven't tried the supreme), they're definitely more like sleep and lounge bras than going out bras. I have used them out of the house, but only wearing thick baggy clothing. They don't do a lot of shaping or feel like they're offering a lot of support.

However, they do feel comfortable and provide better support than the Bravados I have. And I happen to need "around the house" and lounge type bras, so I'm quite happy with them. I bought mine on eBay and I'm also really happy with the price.

kep
04-23-2006, 03:14 PM
Gosh, Petra, I would love to know if you ever found a great bra! I am almost exactly the same size as you, and the only bra I've found that really works is the $75 "Oprah" bra from Nordstroms. They're wonderful, but sooo expensive. Are the Yes! Bra's nursing bras?

Kelli
Proud Mommy to Lukey (4.2003)

http://lilypie.com/pic/060417/csSG.jpg http://b4.lilypie.com/G0VTm4.png

psophia17
04-23-2006, 07:15 PM
A great bra I have not found so far - I have been professionally fitted before, and have been told that unless I have a bra custom-built, I will never have a comfortable underwire experience, so I almost always wear something Playtex 18-hour.

While BF DS, I had the best luck with the Fancee Free super-industrial strength bras I got from www.breakoutbras.com, but wearing them 24/7 for 10 months pretty well stank.

writermama
04-24-2006, 06:44 PM
Yes, the Yes! bras are nursing bras. They have a plastic clasp that is easy (for me, at least) to unhook with one hand, but kind of tricky to put back together with one hand (so far).

My other main complaint with the clasp is that it kind of squeaks when I move. It's bad enough with a nursing bra to have the "ring around the boob" effect from nursing pads, but then to squeak, too -- well, that's too humiliating. Still, it works for around the house and I still like it better than the Bravado! snaps or the old hook and eye closures. (My favorite clasp is the Medela, by the way).

Yes! bras can also be had for under $20 -- I think mine were more like $13 from a seller on eBay, so for the price, I can put up with a little squeaking now and again.

amp
04-24-2006, 10:03 PM
I'm about a 43/44 D/DD, depending on the day, bra, etc. I bought two Yes Bras and tried two additional sizes that didn't work. The sizes that did fit weren't very comfortable or supportive. I never ended up wearing the bras. I simply switched from underwire bras to non-wire bras from Lane Bryant. Definitely not nursing bras, but were good for pregnancy and post pregnancy.