PDA

View Full Version : Underpants, revisited

psophia17
05-09-2006, 08:55 AM
What works for you?

I have needed to update my undies for quite a while (I haven't bought new since before DS was born), and what I have now, well, let's just say that shot elastic and a growing belly do not mix very well.

What brands should I be looking for, or what styles?

Usually I wear Jockey cotton bikinis, but they fall down. I have a few pairs with a lacy front, and they seem to have better give over my belly and therefore longer staying power. Are there lacy cotton undies out there?

What works for you?

jhrabosk
05-09-2006, 10:03 AM
I'm not a low-rise girl, but I found the Victoria's Secret cotton low-rise bikinis the most comfortable. They sat right beneath my belly and didn't slide down too much...at least no more than my pants were doing on a regular basis. :)

psophia17
05-09-2006, 10:26 AM
If only I could get the darn things up over my hips to begin with ;)

txmomtobe
05-09-2006, 10:45 AM
I used to wear thongs all the time but after being pregnant I'm into cotton and comfortable. I found these underwear at Kohl's that I just love. It's Maidenform No Show. They are supposed to be seamless. They look like short shorts a little. I wore them my whole 1st pregnancy. They fit under the belly. I was comfy the whole time even with my ever expanding body.

psophia17
05-09-2006, 01:58 PM
I'll be on the lookout for those...how I wish I could get myself to an outlet *sigh*

kkjohnson04
05-10-2006, 08:26 AM
I also have loved the Maidenform panties since I got pregnant. I had to go up a size, but they are very soft and they have lots of styles (and outlet stores!).

loewymartin
05-10-2006, 11:11 AM
I wear the Victoria Secret bikini hipsters. They have no lines and actually feel like I have nothing on! I was wearing the normal hipsters (wider sides) but tried a pair of the bikini hipsters on and I really like them. They hold up well in the washer and dryer.

Michelle
Mom to Alia born 5/16/02 and Kira born 7/30/05

junebaby1
05-22-2006, 03:29 PM
one thing I have not been able to live without this pregnancy is my japanese weekend underwear. It's a little bit pricey, but I do laundry often so i just have a few pairs. They are the MOST comfortable underwear I've ever had. As soon as all pairs are dirty I do laundry because nothing else is as comfortable. I've been wearing them since the beginning of my pregnancy and haven't had to buy more because 1. they wash well and aren't worn out 2. they have enough stretch that I haven't needed to change sizes.

http://www.bellydancematernity.com/japanese-weekend-hug-panty-pr-1477.html

They also have them in bikni, thong, etc.

Oh, and they are full coverage but leave no panty lines. And they never give me a wedgie :)

Robin
35w2d

kemile
05-23-2006, 11:20 PM
Last time around I got some maternity binkini briefs from Old Navy. They are plain cotton, nothing fancy, but really comfortable. They were pretty cheap, too - I think 3 for something like $10 or $12. They didn't ride up or fall down. They were completely under the belly.

PAfirsttimemom
06-07-2006, 09:28 AM
I'm another fan of Victoria's Secret cotton underwear. I find they fit nicely without riding up in the back, as so much underwear can do. I wore my bikinis (regular and string) throughout my whole pregnancy, as they fit under the belly.

keschy
06-07-2006, 11:35 AM
Lane Bryant string bikinis have been working great for me. They have enough coverage yet are below the belly which I like. Lots of different colors and they are on sale right now too. They aren't maternity but they have plus sizes which go up pretty high.

http://lanebryant.charmingshoppes.com/Shopping/product.aspx?product_id=LPPR0005&nav=

lwcain
06-13-2006, 09:39 AM
I've been wearing my pre-pregnancy undies the entire time (I'm due July 18th), and my favorites are the Cosabella low rise cotton thongs. I also have an On Gossamer low rise thong that is both pretty and comfy. As new styles and colors come out in regular stores, I buy these higher-end brands at Nordstrom Rack for a fraction of the regular retail price.

Kindra178
06-19-2006, 04:22 PM
Old Navy Maternity or regular. The thongs are two dollars each.

MarieBunny
06-29-2006, 01:15 PM
I have Old Navy maternity bikinis which I am not crazy about. I find that I am always pulling them out of my crack! (sorry if TMI). The elastic on them sucks. I LOVE,LOVE, LOVE the Bravado bikinis. I only have 2 pairs but I am so happy when they are clean. So comfy and they stay where they belong. I think the prints are cute, but no suggestions on lacy ones.