PDA

View Full Version : Post-partum pants - help!

citymama
05-16-2006, 09:22 PM
Well, I have lost most of my pregnancy weight :-), but not around my belly! And with a c-section, I have this funny litle tummy...anyway, none of my pre-pregnancy pants fit, and I'm sick of/embarassed to keep wearing maternity pants, especially when I pull up my top to nurse and the big stretchy belly band goes on display!

I am reluctant to go buy regular jeans etc for my current, in-between size, which will probably continue to change for many months. What have other mamas done in this situation? I bought a few elastic waisted exercise pants at Old Navy. Any other suggestions -- esp. for jeans and "nicer" pants? Many thanks for your advice!

Lovingliv
05-16-2006, 09:38 PM
Congrats on your new arrival!
I went to Macy's department store to get a few pairs of dress pants cheap. I also went to Target and got a great pair of Levi's for $20! I didn't spend a lot...but just got the staples! HTH

pixiepower
05-17-2006, 07:15 AM
I think, if you have them, the Gap roll panel or no panel pants would be great! They are great for early pregnancy and they say they are great for afterwards too. And, if you can find them on sale, its even better. That is the only way I buy anything from Gap. Lots of maternity clothing comes in no panel now. You could try them. Even MHood makes no panel jeans and pants. They just have a bit of stretchg and some elastic in the back and thats it. No embarrassing panels. Give them a try!

sherryh
05-17-2006, 10:35 AM
Majamas makes some great postpartum pants. Here are some links:

http://shop.nurturecenter.com/magechpopa.html

http://www.mommygear.com/MajamasNursingWear.htm

I know what you mean about wearing those maternity clothes - you would actually rather burn them!

SherryH

jhrabosk
05-19-2006, 08:47 AM
I bought some elastic waist stuff, like you. And I bought a pair of on sale jeans at Old Navy (actually, sent DH in the Christmas rush...such a good man. :)) Then I started perusing sale racks when I had a chance...bought a pair of nice chinos on sale at Gap for $15-20. Stuff like that. Didn't have a lot for some time, but just made do.

scarletsmommy
05-19-2006, 12:34 PM
I delivered in April 05 and struggled until I started showing for DS on his way in Sept. 06. Here's what I ended up doing. I started periodically checking Cato for inexpensive pants/skirts/capris in a size that fit then. Then I spent the real money on fun accessories that would work then AND when I finally lost the weight. As much as I hated being larger, it did make me feel good to be able to leave the house w/out being self-conscious about someone seeing I was still wearing maternity. And lets be honest, noone paid attention to me until the baby was at least 6 months old!

genevieve
06-04-2006, 07:18 AM
Mimi's makes a pant that is a great early maternity pant. They have a zipper's on the sides and an adjustable belt that allows them to grow with you. Unfortunately, I purchased my first pair at Mimi's for the high price of $70. I then discovered the same pants at Kohl's for $40 and they were on sale for $20! I started wearing these pants when I outgrew my regular pants and no one could tell they were maternity. At six months I will probably need to start using the zippers on the side soon. They will give me an extra 6 inches or so. I think these will work great as a post maternity pant as well (I had a C with my first). The Kohl's version are machine washable but line dry. If you hang them neatly you don't even need too iron them! Unfortunatly, they only come in black!

Genevieve