PDA

View Full Version : Review: Nursing Cami/tank at Target by Liz Lang

daisymommy
05-24-2006, 10:57 AM
Just an FYI...I bought a nursing tank/cami at Target, much like the Glamour Mom style ones. It is a Liz Lang brand. Only $16.99 versus $38? for Glamour Mom.
I actually like it MUCH better than my GM ones. As a matter of fact I am going to try to resell them now!
The LL ones are better for larger breasts because the holes are larger adn you don't have to squeeze your sore breasts thru them. Also, the band that goes around your rib cage is fabric covered, so much more comfy, especially for sleeping in.
The only downside is there isn't the mesh layer to keep your breast-pad in place, but that never worked for me anyway, it kept slipping out of the hole.
The LL ones come in black, white, and grey.

ilfaith
05-24-2006, 11:49 AM
Are the Liz Lange nursing camis and bras any different than the In Due Time brand that Target seems to have phased out? They look pretty much the same to me, so I'm wondering whether it's the same product with a new name.

daisymommy
05-24-2006, 01:26 PM
No, they are quite different. The In-Due-Time ones felt awful on me, and didn't fit right (I'm lareg breasted). Bu the Liz Lang ones are much better, and a better quality I think.

new_mommy25
05-24-2006, 01:30 PM
How is the sizing on them? Did you find they ran true to size?

Canna
05-24-2006, 09:33 PM
That is interesting. I had taken one out of the package and it looked just like the old In Due Time ones sold by Target to me, so I assumed that just the packaging has changed. I didn't try one on, though. I'll have to check them out more closely.

carrie_geiger
05-24-2006, 11:56 PM
I don't have experience with the In Due Time tanks, but I recently bought a Liz Lange nursing tank and I like it. It's quite comfortable.

Yes, mine seems to run true to size.

~Carrie

daisymommy
05-26-2006, 05:41 PM
Hmmm, maybe I'm wrong about it being different, because the picture on the package looks the same as the In-Due-Time one. But it feels like a better fit to me, so I assumed they were different.
The sizing feels tru to size. I am wearing a XXL in both the LL and the GM tanks. I am...gulp...an F cup now. Who knew nursing could do that? ;)

Java
06-03-2006, 12:55 AM
I just wanted to say THANKS for this review. I went to Target and tried them on - I love them! So comfy, my ladies aren't sagging and it's not itchy at all (something I run into with some nursing bras).

I bought all three colors. Too bad they don't have more choices. I wore them out to the park and wow'ed my mom friends with how easy it was to nurse and how discreet it was compared to hiking up my t-shirt, fishing around for the bra hook, then helping DD zero in on my nipple whilst holding up my shirt so it didn't wap her in the face AND trying to not flash anyone else.

The only thing I wish I knew then that I know now is that it does shrink. I fit a small perfectly in the fitting room but after washing (cold water and perm press dry) it shrank up and in a little. The medium was a little loose pre-wash but fit perfectly post-wash.

Not owning a GlamourMom tank, I would now only buy one if I needed more colors to wear. Otherwise I'm totally happy with the Liz Langes.

Thanks Amy!

doodbug
06-03-2006, 04:46 AM
Thanks for the review!! There were only a few pieces left at the Target that I went to today - bought one in size L in black - LOVE IT! Just washed it, and am not sure how much it has shrunk - will review it in another 2 months down the road. It does seem to offer a fair bit of support considering it is being advertized as a top for sleeping and lounging around. I don't own a GM top so I can't compare. I also got one soft cup Liz Lange nursing bra, it ain't bad for $11.99 too!

4Cats
06-03-2006, 06:10 PM
I recently bought the Liz Lange nursing tank at Target, and while I haven't washed it yet, so far I'm pleased.

The main problem I have with my Glamourmom tank is that the clasps keep popping open! Hopefully it won't be a problem with the Liz Lange one.

Does anyone know if these tanks can be ordered online? I looked on the Target website and I couldn't find them. Since my Target seems to always be sold out in my size, it seems most time-efficient to order online, if possible. I'll be getting another one if the first one works out.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Kristin

etwahl
06-03-2006, 10:05 PM
Can anyone tell me where in the store I could find these? I looked at my Target (a small one) and I couldn't find these. Are they in the maternity section or the underwear section? I looked in both and couldn't find them.

Tammy,
mom to Lauren (March 2003)

doodbug
06-04-2006, 03:28 AM
At my local Target, it was at the lingerie section. They were left with very limited sizes when I was there.

mommyoftwo
06-04-2006, 08:07 PM
Don't feel too bad about your size. I'm now a 36 I!!!! I can't believe how huge I am now. And the weird thing is, as I lost weight, my band size got smaller but my cup size got bigger. Go figure! I have a couple of the old ones from target, but I'll try these if I can find them.

PAfirsttimemom
07-16-2006, 09:39 AM
Hi, moms. I bought two of these the other day at Target. Was in a hurry, so I grabbed a small in black and a medium in white to see which would fit better. Oddly enough, the small black seems larger and longer than the medium white! I am wearing the black one now and it's pretty comfy. Do you think this sizing weirdness was just a fluke? I'd like to get more of these if I can find ones that will fit like the black one I have now. But I'm worried that if I get a small white one it will be even smaller than the medium I had bought. Is this making any sense? Has anyone had any experiences with inconsistent sizing in these tanks?

Diana
Mom to Owen 3/13/06

cbscherer
07-20-2006, 07:14 PM
I had the same problem with a white LL nursing tank top I bought. I originally bought a white, black, and grey in medium, but used the white and black so much that I went back and got another black and white tank for when the others were in the wash. For some reason, the second white medium I bought was MUCH smaller. The other tanks fit loose, but this second white tank is both shorter and much tighter. It almost fits like an XS. My suggestion: try on tops before you wash them.

>Hi, moms. I bought two of these the other day at Target. Was
>in a hurry, so I grabbed a small in black and a medium in
>white to see which would fit better. Oddly enough, the small
>black seems larger and longer than the medium white! I am
>wearing the black one now and it's pretty comfy. Do you think
>this sizing weirdness was just a fluke? I'd like to get more
>of these if I can find ones that will fit like the black one I
>have now. But I'm worried that if I get a small white one it
>will be even smaller than the medium I had bought. Is this
>making any sense? Has anyone had any experiences with
>inconsistent sizing in these tanks?
>