PDA

View Full Version : How boobs are worn, yep they come in all kinds of packages!

JulieL
06-02-2006, 08:29 AM
Sooo...

I had a HECK of a time getting nursing bras that fit, I mean I returned I think 4 bras I had to special order, WITH customer help. So I measured myself as I know I've gone down a bit since then, to get maybe a regular bra at VS for date nights and still I'm at a loss on the bra deal:

my rib cage is 27 1/2" + 5 for band size + 32 1/2 = to round up to 34 band size, but really usually a 32 works best.

Ok... now the boobs = 34" at the fullest maybe a 35 first thing in the morning

Sooo, if I take the 32 rib size (going down) and at 2" for my boobs that equals= 32B, BUT I DON'T THINK SO!!!

I popped on a 34D bra I wore early on in pregnancy and it fit well. I swear this is so weird. Now granted I haven't officially gotten sized and will to get a good strapless bra for this summer, but this has boggled me to no end. My boobs go well into my arm pit. My Melinda G nursing t-shirt bra that's sappose to fit 34D, doesn't even hug my entire boob, the part that curves around the boob ends a little before the breast does.

I sappose I may just have super weird boobs LOL. Anyway I'm off to VS soon, I'll let you know if they give me a differant size!

Anyone else have this conundrum?

jhrabosk
06-02-2006, 08:48 AM
Bras are funny...cups vary from one brand to another and even between styles within a band. You might wear a 34D in one and a 32DD in another. And the cups in a 32DD are going to be a bit smaller than those in a 34DD.

FWIW, as one with a fuller bust, I've never had any luck with any bra tank top...mine always squeeze out the sides.

Personally, I don't completely trust VS...if you have a specialty lingerie shop or even a Nordstrom nearby, I'd go to them for a sizing.

Good luck!

elliput
06-02-2006, 09:51 AM
I hate bra shopping, but I must say that I enjoyed reading this for no other reason than you used *boobs* and *conundrum* in the same post. ;-)

Canna
06-02-2006, 12:32 PM
I have similar problems...when I take my measurements I come out to like a 34D - but I am NOT a D-cup! In my case, I have broad shoulders and a broad back. Lower on my ribcage I'm small and higher (around my breasts) I'm broad - but not because I need a big cup size! Does that make sense!? I also have boobs that go into my armpit...kind of flush to my body all the way around, if that makes any sense.

I find that Bravado bras and nursing tanks have worked the best for me. Good luck! You are not the only one for whom standard bra-size calculating formulas do NOT work! ;)

Puddy73
06-05-2006, 09:25 AM
>I also
>have boobs that go into my armpit...kind of flush to my body
>all the way around, if that makes any sense.
>
Same problem here, and I HATE bra shopping. I wish they made bras with cups that could be moved further apart on the band (like a triangle bikini top).

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/08/03 & Finn 10/31/05

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." - Jimmy Buffett

daisymommy
06-08-2006, 05:02 PM
I know what you mean. I got so frustrated I finally gave up and bought 5 Bravado bras because the size range on them is so wide, I didn't need to have the size exactly correct. They aren't pretty, but they sure are comfy!