PDA

View Full Version : bella band for low rise pants

megs4413
06-02-2006, 11:35 PM
i'm thinking about getting the bella band for the maternity pants that I have that are very low rise. I like the under the belly panel because it's the most comfortable to me, but i don't like the plumber effect that occurs when I bend, kneel, or squat. the first time around I just didn't bend, kneel, or squat, but now with a dd...i don't really have a choice!!! Will the bella band work to remedy this situation? I'm just thinking about wearing it underneath a maternity shirt to overlap and cover the problem area.....TIA!

CarrieMaro
06-19-2006, 11:42 PM
I bought a Bella Band at about 4 months and it was almost too late. It worked for a couple weeks (comfy and cute, peeking out from under my shirts), but as I began to get bigger, it started rolling and slipping to the point where it caused just as many problems as it fixed. It's supposed to be good for post-partum wear, too, so I'll have to see how that goes after the baby comes next month. I'm having a c-section again, so maybe it will offer some nice support once some of the soreness from the incision goes away.

Good luck!

megs4413
06-20-2006, 11:59 AM
thanks for the tip! I think i'm gonna buy one soon and we're just TTC....i'll probably need it right away as I am bigger NOW then i was the day after I delivered DD. :(

pixiepower
06-21-2006, 04:24 PM
i had pretty good luck with mine. I used it til I was about 6-7 months along and the under the belly panels just weren't comfy anymore. By then, I was wearing my roll panel jeans and pants from Gap most of the time and my all around the belly panel stuff from Motherhood and Mimi.

MarieBunny
06-29-2006, 01:10 PM
I found the bella bands to ride up and I was still constantly tugging them down and pulling up my low rise pants. I am in LOVE with the gaucho pants from Old Navy and I even wear a few gaucho pants that are non-maternity from NY & Co. I think they will last my whole pregnancy. So comfy and no need for bella band or worry about your butt showing with the low rise!