PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Motherwear pieces?

mama4jc
06-15-2006, 12:40 PM
Hi all: Looking to add a bit to my nursing wardrobe for this baby and was wondering what your favorite pieces from Motherwear are? BTW, do they shrink up a lot and are they true to size? TIA! :)

trumansmom
06-17-2006, 09:41 AM
I haven't bought any in 4 years, and the styles I liked have been discontinued. But, unless they've changed dramatically, they run HUGE. Buy your regular, pre-pregnancy size. They are designed to accomodate a few extra pounds IME.

HTH-
Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

kellyp123
06-22-2006, 08:12 AM
I've actually been not too happy with my Motherwear purchases this time around. I ordered three tops and while they arrived promptly, I found them ill-fitting and poorly designed. The adorable keyhole top was difficult to nurse in; the underlayer barely covered me.

I have found Expressiva (www.expressiva.com) to be much better. I ordered some tops, and the nursing openings aren't always layered, they pull aside. and, they are so cute, much hipper than Motherwear, for about the same price.

Also, been having problems with Motherwear returns. I guess a lot of people are thrilled either b/c I send back a bra for an exchange over 3 weeks ago, and still have not received the new one. When I wrote to find out the issue, they said they are backlogged and still process returns from May 30!!! I just sent back all three tops I ordered and who know when I'll see my credit. I liked Motherwear for my first child, but maybe it's new mgt?

Also, try Motherhood.com for cute and moderately priced nursingwear. I ordered 4 tops and I'll let you know how they worked out when I get them.

mama4jc
06-22-2006, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the feedback, mamas! I haven't been thrilled with Motherwear, either. Thank goodness for the free shipping codes! I have a few things to return, as well. Are there any codes from expressiva? I'll check out Motherhood as well! :)

kellyp123
06-24-2006, 08:58 PM
Junefive for Expressiva. Also, there's an ad in Mom and Baby mag with a code too...for free shipping MB5PR

I LOVE the Motherhood nursing clothes. Cute and great prices. Arrived quickly. You can't return to the store however.
http://www.motherhoodnursing.com

items i like:
nursing sleeveless wrap
flutter sleeve nursing top
nursing short sleeve tie front shrug

tarynsmum
06-25-2006, 04:51 PM
WOW! I've been looking for cute (not ridiculously expensive) nursing tops forever, and never thought to check Motherhood! At the store, all thy had was a TINY section, so I figured it wasn't somthing they were focused on.

Th website has a ton of cute tops, and really good prices! I'll have to go shopping!

BTW, I do have a Motherhood tank top, and I'm not too crazy about it. It 's really low cut, and isn't all that comfortable. I like Mimi's much better, and the price isn't much different if you can find the Mimi ones on sale (I just nabbed a heather grey one).

kellyp123
06-27-2006, 03:36 PM
I agree about the Motherhood Tank top. I'm probably going to splurge and get a Glamour Mom one. I didn't like the Liz Lange tanks (though I guess a lot of people on the boards do) and I wasn't too sure about trying one from Motherwear given my experience thus far.

I went to the Motherhood store today to get some sleep bras and they do have just a tiny selection of the nursing clothes. A good option would be to try the Motherhood/Mimi combo stores. I live in Atlanta and we have one at Perimeter Mall. I love Mimi stuff but it's pricey, although the one shirt I have is excellent. I'll have to look for sales.

tarynsmum
06-27-2006, 08:34 PM
I have two Motherwear tank tops, but I can't wear them because they are HUGE! I got smalls, since that's what I wear of everything else (like the Mimi tanks, etc) but dang! I thought, well, maybe they'll shrink in the wash. I washd them in warm water and dried them on high but they're still the same size. I felt bad trying to return them since they had been washed, and I couldn't find the return thing anyway. I'll probably try to sell them eventually (as hopefully I won't gain any more weight!)

I think if I took all the mony I've spent on NOT-Glamourmom tanks, I could buy at least one (I thought I would "save money" buying the less expensive ones: again, the BBB was right).

MarieBunny
06-29-2006, 01:18 PM
I bought a few nursing items with my DS and wasn't crazy about nursing clothes in general. I pretty much switched to wearing Glamour mom tanks under my regular tops.

My fave nursing top though is the Goddess top from Expressiva. I love it and even wore it after I stopped nursing!

kellyp123
07-03-2006, 08:28 AM
Thanks! That's good to know. The top has gotten so-so reviews on their web site. I have two Expressiva tops, the sleeveless crossover and the Victoriana. I love them both. Buy the Victoriana a size larger; its snug. I want to get the Goddess top, but the only have violet in my size (M) right now.

btw, use code PRIVATESALE through July 4 for $10 off $50 at www.expressiva.com

kellyp123
07-10-2006, 03:19 PM
Hey all--Expressiva is having a great sale...awesome tops including the Victoriana and Goddess on sale. Also, use code MustSee9 for free shipping with $50 order.

Wife_and_mommy
07-10-2006, 08:04 PM
Thanks for sharing this.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]