PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Snoogle Pillow

kayleesmom
06-28-2006, 01:51 PM
someone mentioned they have a snoogle body pillow and love it while pregnant. what do u girls all think? do u like it? pros cons?

cause i had a reg body pillow with last pregnancy and didnt help me much.
thinking about a snoogle after i get preg with #2

writermama
06-28-2006, 06:50 PM
I have one and I love it and am now using it for the second time around.

I like the way it curls around me and keeps me from rolling onto my back while I'm sleeping. It replaced a body pillow plus about 3 or 4 more regular pillows when I bought it -- things had been getting really crowded in the bed with all of those pillows. It's more narrow than other body pillows or regular pillows so it literally has brought me closer to my husband. I still use my favorite pillow under my head and when I'm having discomfort in my hips or knees I may add another pillow between my knees, too.

On the other hand, I loaned it to a friend and she hated it. She said that she almost fell out of bed the first time she tried to turn over (I don't turn over often - usually when I get up to go to the bathroom anyway, so it's not an issue for me). She also felt trapped, whereas I find the "snuggle" factor comforting. So YMMV.

On the down side, it's expensive for what it is. It also really doesn't look very hard to sew and I've been tempted to try to make another one, especially since DD keeps trying to steal mine. ;)

HTH,

nofeea
06-28-2006, 07:53 PM
I liked mine. Even rolling over with it was easier than rearranging four other pillows. It supported my back, and I could pull it through my legs to support my belly. I got mine at Baby Depot (Burlington)- I think they discount it a little.

CharmedOne
06-28-2006, 09:37 PM
I liked mine (so did my cat). :) It does take a bit of getting used to, but I liked that I didn't have to use separate pillows for my back, legs and belly.

Caroline

http://b2.lilypie.com/3k5Am7/.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif

MarieBunny
06-29-2006, 01:05 PM
I sleep with one and I like it OK although I have been wishing for something smaller. The thing is huge and with DH and me in a queen size bed with this honkin' pillow, it's cramped! Also I don't like to rest my head on it. I find it uncomfortable so I just tuck the curved head part around my regular pillow. I saw a Boppy pregancy pillow which looks nice, just don't really want to invest in another one of these.

citymama
07-10-2006, 03:00 PM
OK, I'll be the dissenting voice and say - I thought the Snoogle was pretty useless! I got it as a hand-me-down from a friend, who also hardly used it. It might have to do with two factors, one, I wasn't huge (about 130 lbs in my last month of pregnancy) and two, we have a small (full-size) bed. I think the bed size made it particularly difficult -- I found it a pain to maneuver and adjust, esp. in that small space.

I found that 3-4 strategically placed pillows worked much better -- a drag, no doubt, but no less convenient than constantly adjusting the Snoogle and waking DH up each time I did so. I'm giving mine away since I'm moving -- wish I could give it to someone on the BB Boards!