PDA

View Full Version : Question re Glamourmom Dresses

ilfaith
07-09-2006, 11:22 AM
I am thinking about getting a Glamourmom tank dress and am wondering whether anyone has had any experience with this garment.

My baby is due in five weeks and (if history repeats itself) I will probably wear a 34D nursing bra, which puts me in a medium Glamourmom Nursing Bra Tank. But my normal dress size is 2 (probably 4 for the first few months post-partum) and the Glamourmom dresses appear to be sized so that a small fits size 2-6 and a medium fits 8-10. So I am wondering whether the dress will fit too loose under the bust.

I'm also wondering about the length of the dress. I'd like the dress to hit slightly above or at the knee. Im just 5'2" so I'm wondering whether the shorter length will be too short or if I should just go with the longer dress and hem as needed.

Also, does anyone else make a similar dress?

chrissyhowie
07-13-2006, 02:48 PM
I'd probably go with a medium if I were you. The bra part is sized quite small. While I normally wear size small on most clothing, I have the medium Glamourmom tank dress. The chest band on me feels almost too snug, so I can't imagine what a small must be like. These dresses are very form fitting. I honestly can't imagine it being baggy on anyone!

I got my tank dress off of Ebay, so I am not 100% sure if it is the long or short version. I'm pretty sure it is the longer length. I am the same height as you and it fall just at/slightly below my knees.

HTH,