PDA

View Full Version : Looking for t shirts/tanks to hide mommy belly!

sophiesmom
07-09-2006, 04:19 PM
I am 4 months post partum but still about 15 lbs to lose. It seems all the tshirts and tanks i find are 'stretch', and cling to my belly, which has a few rolls! They also tend to rise.
Any ideas of where to find reasonably priced ones that will be a bit looser?
Thanks!

Lovingliv
07-09-2006, 07:44 PM
I stayed in maternity far too long, but when i ventured back into regular clothes, I had good luck at Target!

ilfaith
07-10-2006, 08:33 AM
After my first pregnancy I found some fuller cut tee shirts in the Linden Hill and Cherokee lines at Target. I also picked up a couple of Liz Claibourne tops at Costco, which while boxier than what I'd ordinarily wear, were perfect for hiding my post-partum pudge.

Wife_and_mommy
07-10-2006, 08:04 PM
This time around I've found that when I got pants that fit me well, my shirts looked much better and not so snug.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

sophiesmom
07-10-2006, 09:02 PM
I do have a pair of capris that go a bit above my belly button and definitely looks better! It seems that so many shirts out there have spandex in them!

leeza
07-11-2006, 12:09 AM
Well, my solution was Old Navy maternity... I know, I know, you're sick of maternity clothes by this point, so this may not be the right solution for anyone other than me. I went in and got Ts and tanks that were a smaller size than I'd wear if I was expecting, so I'd have the length and a friendlier fit.

I also found Janeville for some great mommy-friendly clothes. It doesn't offer clothing online, but it's worth visiting if there's a store near you. It's a small chain started by Gymboree, based on the feedback they were hearing from the moms in their stores. All the clothes are washable, and their fit model is a 40-something year old with three children, so they're not patterned for sticky women.

good luck!
Leeza

LBMommy
07-11-2006, 12:03 PM
I had some luck with Old Navy's "easy fit" Ts (I think that's what it was called, vs tiny fit and just right, or something like that)

Good luck!
Jen

LBMommy
07-11-2006, 12:06 PM
oops double post

sophiesmom
07-11-2006, 09:35 PM
Thanks for all the ideas! I never thought of buying smaller size maternity!

I did find some stuff today at KMart, and they were cheap, but cute!