PDA

View Full Version : Question re: nursing camisoles

fitwilsons
07-24-2006, 10:58 PM
Hi... I'm looking at investing in Corsierres and have been wondering how the fit is (I'm small chested), how the sizing runs, if they are versatile (dress up or down), any "show through" of breast pads or nipples and how tummy coverage is. I was comparing them to Glamourmoms, Majamas and the new Bravado tank. Any thoughts on any of these tanks???

Thanks!!

Niki_n_Abby
07-27-2006, 12:12 PM
I just got the new Bravado tank and LOVE it. The fit is great(I'm a 34D), great support and I can open/close the top with one hand. I was really excited because I'm only 5'4" but have a long torso and these are actually long enough on me. I have the white and nursing pads(or just me) do not show through. I'm planning to buy the black and light blue too since I love my white one so much.

Niki

fitwilsons
07-27-2006, 12:23 PM
Wow! Thanks for sharing! I just ordered a black Bravado tank so I'm glad to hear the news. I've heard several complaints about "show through" on the glamourmom tanks and am glad to hear it is not a problem on the Bravado. I also have a long torso and was dissapointed in a Majamas tank that I will probably resell due to the unwanted "peek-a-boo" tummy. :)

Katigre
07-28-2006, 12:52 PM
I have the Target and glamourmom tanks and both support well and are tight on the chest as they should be.

Target's have a higher neckline and are a bit shorter. Their sizing is weird - in shirts i'm s S/M, but in tanks i need a large.

Glamourmom's are low cut but longer in the torso. I wear a Medium with them.

Mom2M
07-29-2006, 12:39 PM
I have some Corsierres. I absolutely love them - the coverage is great, the colors are vibrant, they are easy to use. The only issue is that they are pretty short. I think they are shorter than Glamourmoms and Majamas, so you may not be too happy with them. I'm under 5 feet and they are just right for me.

4Cats
08-01-2006, 11:00 AM
I was wondering if anyone had insight as to whether the new Bravado nursing tank would work for a smaller chest size (~34 B)? I wear a size S in both the Target and Glamourmom tanks.

Also, does the bra part of the tank fit anything like the new Bravado lifestyle bra? While my size in that bra was somewhere between a 34 B-C, the actual "fit" just did not work with my shape.

Thanks!
Kristin

fitwilsons
08-01-2006, 11:47 AM
I wrote above that I ordered the Bravado tank... well, it didn't work in the bust for me. The bra part was too big for my small chest (I'm a 34B when nursing an A otherwise). You couldn't tell too much on the outside of the tank (that the bra didn't fit), but I wanted to go with something that fit well not just get by (especially for the price!). Glamourmom is a much better fit on me. I look forward to seeing how the Corsierre fits - I have one on order.
Hope this helps!

CharmedOne
08-10-2006, 11:50 AM
I second the Corsierres. I have some Glamourmoms and Majamas as well. I prefer the Corsierres more if I'll be out of the house since they have more coverage. They work beautifully with jeans, capris and skirts. There are no clasps to worry about and it's super easy to pull the top down after you're done. I also don't think they're shorter than the other two. I just put them side by side, and they visually don't appear shorter. My only gripe is that I have to remember to smooth down the inner layer after I pull down the upper layer. No biggy, since there are no clasps (Glamourmoms) and I don't have to worry about one of my "girls" accidentally sliding out (Majamas).

I bought the Corsierres long after I stopped using nursing pads, so I don't have any advice there. However I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing the Glamourmoms without any pads. There's not much material in that area. I definitely need some kind of lining there! :) All the tops tend to ride up a little on me since I constantly pick up DS only to put him down a minute later.

I'm 5'4 and currently 36B (34A pre-pregnancy). DH loves all of the tops, but he especially loves it when I wear the Corsierres. He thinks they're so sexy on me. ;)

Caroline

http://b2.lilypie.com/3k5Am7/.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif 13 months