PDA

View Full Version : Bella Bands and Tummy Sleeves

himom
08-01-2006, 04:41 AM
Has anyone tried the Tummy sleeves from Motherhood? Here's the one I'm talking about:

http://tinyurl.com/nfxcf

The Motherhood return policy is so bad that I hesitate buy anything there unless I'm sure I'll like it.

Are they close to the quality of the bella bands, or are they way off?

I'm also seriously considering making one of my own, but my sewing skills leave something to be desired, so I want to buy at least one "real" one first.

TIA!
Jodi

ETfix grammar.

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev057pp___.png

jillc
08-01-2006, 11:33 PM
Hi Jodi,

I haven't seen these or tried them or the Bella Band, but here's my $0.02, for what it's worth...

It seems that the goal of the Bella Band (or similar product) is to allow you to wear your regular non-maternity shorts/pants longer.

Here is the problem... with both of my pregnancies, I have needed to upsize shorts/pants by about 15 weeks or so. Mainly b/c after putting on about 5 lbs, they're tight all over - not just the waist, but the butt, too. I'm a size 4 normally.

I definitely feel like I'm squeezed into my bottoms like a sausage several weeks before the waist of the clothing becomes unzippable, etc.

Not sure if this is the case w/lots of other people, too, but just wanted to share from my experience that I would definitely not get my money's worth out of this type of product.

Hope this helps in some way. Happy shopping & congrats!
Jill

scarletsmommy
08-02-2006, 03:07 PM
I have, and am still currently using, my Bella Band. I am almost 33 weeks pregnant. I looked at the Motherhood band and it appears to be shorter than my Bella Band. I don't know if that would be better or worse. I am constantly fussing with mine when I wear it, but I am usually fussing with everything now that my belly is so big.

My thoughts: Order a Bella Band in your size from a web site that has a good return policy and then bring it with you to your local motherhood so you can compare quality in person. HTH!

himom
08-03-2006, 06:08 PM
Thanks to both of you!

I already have a three year old, and with him I didn't gain much weight except for belly. (I wish this was due to being all will power, but mostly it's because I'm already overweight!) But I do think these might work for me.

I think I will go ahead and order a Bella and take it from there.

Thanks again,
Jodi

skipspin
08-04-2006, 03:50 PM
I knew someone who bought cheap cami-tops and just cut the top off to make her own "bella-band." I haven't tried it, but it sounds like a good idea, especailly if your goal it to use it for 1-2 months between regular clothes and maternity.

megs4413
08-05-2006, 11:22 PM
I bought one of the motherhood ones bc I've wanted a bella band for so long...FWIW, if it is the same quality as a bella band then they're both worthless. I hated it and it only comes in one size at Motherhood. It seemed OK when i tried it on, but when i tried to wear it out today it was ridiculous...it just kept rolling up or rolling down...it wasn't long enough...and as I get bigger it definitely won't fit bc like I said it just comes in the one size. They will let you try them on at motherhood so if you want you can check it out, but I would say...go for the bella band!

ajmom
08-15-2006, 08:41 PM
Not to throw a wrench in the pkan, but here is another option:

http://www.thebellyhugger.com/

I have no idea if it's any good, though. Anone have an opinion? I was thinking of trying this after my pgcy fr nursing...