PDA

View Full Version : Didn't LandsEnd have maternity clothes?

lisams
08-10-2006, 08:30 PM
Or was it just my imagination? I went to their website and couldn't find any anywhere.

HallsofVA
08-10-2006, 08:38 PM
They did have maternity clothes, and I bought quite a bit from them when pregnant with DS, but I believe they've discontinued them recently. The only ones I can find these days are on the overstock page, and they're in limited and declining quantities. I was bummed, though I was actually a bit disappointed with much of their maternity stuff, except for some woven shirts and the maternity swimsuit.

lisams
08-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Thanks! At least I know I wasn't losing my mind! That's too bad they weren't that good, I wonder if that's part of why they stopped making maternity clothes.

cbscherer
10-26-2006, 10:42 PM
>Thanks! At least I know I wasn't losing my mind! That's too
>bad they weren't that good, I wonder if that's part of why
>they stopped making maternity clothes.

I bought a black three piece maternity suit from their overstock section. It was GREAT!!! Wish they had more. Sad to see them closing shop.

Canna
10-27-2006, 09:16 PM
I really liked some of them when I was pregnant with DD. I bought several button-down shirts (including a pink oxford shirt that I loved) and a comfy pair of stretch cord pants. Also some basic T-shirts. The quality was very high, especially compared to the other maternity clothes out there. These clothes were actually the same quality that I would expect from Lands End. However, a number of things that I ordered ended up being returned because the fit was pretty huge. I ordered my pre-pregnancy size (medium) and a lot of the knit styles were really big and tent like. I preferred a more modern, fitted look and didn't find the really big style all that flattering. I would only have needed shirts that huge in maybe the last two weeks of my pregnancy (but I was perfectly able to make due without them). I was really sad to hear that they are not making any maternity styles anymore, though. It was great to have more options in terms of where to shop.

Radosti
10-29-2006, 02:07 PM
I have to say that I lived in my Lands End maternity wardrobe toward the end of my pregnancy. Nothing else was comfortable enough. And it was all high quality - since I wore it all the time, those pieces got washed often and were still in great shape. Most of the stuff I bought from Target or Motherhood Maternity is still almost brand new b/c I barely wore it. I am normally a medium (size 10) and I myself became very tentlike during pregnancy (gained 72 lbs), so most of my Lands End stuff is a large and it all fit great and stretched with me. I am now thankfully back to a size 10, but it took 9 months.

Erin_Matts_Mom
11-01-2006, 07:17 PM
I ended up being disappointed in most of my lands end maternity because the sizing was just too big and not very stylish looking. I do have a maternity nursing gown that I bought from them that I love and still wear.