PDA

View Full Version : Halloween costume ideas

pookee
08-11-2006, 12:37 PM
Hello,
I'm going to be about ready to pop for our neighborhood Halloween party and I wanted to go with an imaginative costume. The only thing I can think of is a cow with udders.

Does anyone have any better ideas? I'm not that creative right now.

psophia17
08-11-2006, 02:45 PM
Hmmm...I may still be pg at Halloween (how I hope not, though!) so this is something I've been thinking of...

First thing I'd do is go for comfort - get the right color shirt, black pants, and a hat that looks like a stem and you can be any kind of round fruit you want (apple, pumpkin, orange, lemon, etc). A garbage bag with holes for your head and arms is a great raisin outfit.

Hmmm...well, I'd thought I'd been thinking more of this, but since that's all I have, I guess not.

babyready
08-12-2006, 07:54 AM
When SIL was pregnant she had a "bun" on her belly and her dh went as a baker and she was the bun in oven. It was hard to come up with a way to be the bun and some people were confused at first but I thought it was a clever idea.

Corie
08-13-2006, 09:15 PM
How about a Black-Eyed Pea???

Buy a plain colored t-shirt or maternity shirt.
Iron on a big letter "P" on the chest or belly area.
Use black face paint and "black-out" around your eye.

You are now a Black-Eyed pea!!

I saw this idea on an old episode of Martha Stewart.

lisams
08-15-2006, 01:45 PM
When my mom was (very) pregnant with me, she went to a Halloween party dresses as a nun.

I suppose that could offend some, but it could be funny!

aim
09-09-2006, 08:51 PM
With my first pregnancy I went as a megic 8 ball. I don't know if you remember them. I wore all black and on my shirt (on the belly) I made a white circle with a black 8 on it (out of felt - sewn on...and I am not a seemstress - all freehand and sewn by hand)

Then I looked online for the list of things in the 8 ball - like "Better not tell you now", "yes, Deinitely" "My sources say no" - I typed them on purple paper and cut them in triangles and put them on binder rings and hung them around my neck.

Sorry , I might not be very clear - I can't dig up a picture right now because my iphoto library is rebuilding itself as I write. If you have questions let me know

amy
bennett 1-14-04

elizabethkott
10-23-2006, 02:53 PM
I've been trying to think of school-appropriate costumes myself (I teach high school). So far, I've come up with:
The Princess and the Pea (Do the whole "princess" thing on top - tiara, scepter, and such, with a cape, and then wear a large green circle on my belly to be the pea)
Bun in the Oven - get a large, empty cardboard box, attach straps to it, and paint the front to look like an oven. Cut it so that it opens in front (add some velcro so that it can close) and then cut out a picture of a bun. Tape the bun to the belly and voila!
Jelly Beans - get a clear plastic garbage bag, and cut holes in it for arms and legs. Step into garbage bag (with help!) and then add blown up multi-colored balloons into the bag until full. Then tie off the bag at your neck with some pretty ribbon (can also work for grapes with just purple balloons). This may not be the most practical costume for those of us who frequent the bathroom, however!
Santa Claus!
Just some thoughts that have occured to me... HTH!

youngmommy
10-31-2006, 12:30 PM
I know it's a bit late but:

Here's an article addressing the issue:
http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/maternityclothes/a/aa102303a.htm

Here's a couple cute pics:
http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/maternityclothes/l/aa102303c.htm

Looks easy enough to do even last minute.

Have fun!!

PS Another cute article:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/11493/creative_maternity_halloween_costumes.html