PDA

View Full Version : Best nursing tank for larger chests?

hlo
08-28-2006, 04:42 PM
I'm about a 36H when nursing (and a size 12/14). Does anyone out there have anything they'd recommend (or advise I stay away from? Thanks!!!!

Momof3Labs
08-28-2006, 07:54 PM
I'd stay away from Glamourmom and Target nursing tanks. They are the only two I've tried, and both squish my D cups. Honestly, I don't really like nursing tanks, even though I've tried to love them - I'd rather use a good nursing bra and a shirt that is easy to pull up.

hlo
08-28-2006, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the feedback:)

nfowife
08-29-2006, 10:36 AM
I'm a 34DD and like my glamourmom bra tanks (the bra strap style, not the tank style! Very important, the tank straps suck!). I wouldn't wear them alone- it's cleavage city- but I really like them underneath things, to cover the belly. They are suprisingly supportive and comfy.

Mommy Of A Little Angel
08-30-2006, 01:40 PM
I agree with PP. The Target ones were super tight and not long enough at all. I also tried the Motherhood ones and they were just as bad. The straps are SUPER weak and seem stretch out instead of keeping anything in. I still haven't found a tank that would fit over my chest and was long enough.

Sorry I can't be more help, but if you find one, let us know!

hlo
08-30-2006, 03:05 PM
Thanks everyone :) I'm starting to think that if you want anything to fit & have big breasts, you need to make it yourself. Too bad I'm not crafty :)

scarletsmommy
09-03-2006, 12:02 AM
I am a 36H (non-nursing) and I purchased a Bravado for sleeping and lounging. I wouldn't recommend it. No support and not nearly snug (band) enough to keep the girls upright!

hlo
09-03-2006, 09:56 AM
Bummer! Thanks for the review:) I've heard great things about these tanks -- http://www.bravissimo.com/bravissimo/ProductList.aspx?cid=Clothing_Strappy+Tops&language=en-GB -- it's too bad they don't have a nursing style!

writermama
09-03-2006, 03:06 PM
nak. i'm a 36 J at the moment and I have a target tank in the grey in a 2x that fits. It's not very supportive, but works for sleep or around the house. on the other hand, I had one in black also a 2x that I couldn't get on at all, it was so tight. same box, same label, same size, but different color fit differently.

not a rave review, but worth a try for the price.

mskitty
09-05-2006, 09:58 PM
I just want to echo the previous post...

Bravissimo rocks! I brought two back from london because they are the only tank tops that would support my chest. Now if I just had a bit more guts to wear them out in public more often...

MsKitty

Tondi G
09-19-2006, 04:31 PM
It's probably because Heather Grey typically has poly in it... and the black is probably 100% cotton!