PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a body pillow they loved for sleeping with?

downwarddog
09-08-2006, 03:19 PM
I'm looking for a body pillow to help make sleeping easier when PG. I used 4 or 5 regular pillows for Baby #1, and while I'm still waiting to hear if there's a Baby #2, it's on my mind so I might as well as while I'm thinking about it! Anyway, the multiple pillow thing wasn't that comfy & I kept having to rearrange everything every time I shifted.

So if anyone has an suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

Thanks,
Lenore
Mommy to Acadia, 9/04

Momof3Labs
09-08-2006, 05:50 PM
i used a $10 body pillow from LNT for both pgs.

mom to little e
09-08-2006, 07:25 PM
I LOVED (and still love and use 8 months after having DD) the Snoozer http://www.snoozer.com/.

It comes in different fills, different lengths, and you can buy extra pillow cases.

I bought the pregnancy version. It is a good length and shaped like a candy-cane (or "J"). You can use the curved part for your head or your knees. It is awesome and just the right width too.

Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!

american_mama
09-10-2006, 01:18 PM
I preferred something filled with beanbags because it was more supportive behind my back and didn't compress gradually. It was especially valuable when breastfeeding in bed, where I am much more comfortable with solid back support.

babyboy1
09-11-2006, 01:09 PM
Maryann, what fill did you get?

rsgmommy
09-24-2006, 07:32 PM
I have loved my Leachoo pillow I got at BRU.

downwarddog
09-25-2006, 01:27 PM
Hi!

Is this BRU pillow fairly firm? I was just in Linens N Things & they had a body pillow but it wasn't very thick & thus not supportive once you put your weight onto it. Thanks!

~Lenore

Katra1
09-26-2006, 01:49 PM
I love my snoogle. I wish I would have had one with my last pregnancy. That time I used a body pillow and 2 or 3 other pillows. Now I only use this one.

ukchick
10-25-2006, 01:54 PM
I also have a Snoogle and love it!! It took a little to get used to it as I move around alot while I'm asleep, but it's very supportive and really helped me with my back ache and hip problems during pregnancy.

downwarddog
10-25-2006, 02:34 PM
I got the Snoogle!

It IS pretty bulky as I do move around a lot too, so it's going to take some getting used. It also makes me pretty hot, so I end up throwing it off the bed halfway through the night.

BUT, I think I'll get used to it, so THANKS!

~Lenore

mom to little e
10-25-2006, 02:48 PM
Sorry this is a late reply - I bought the Premium Comforel Synthetic Down. Three years later, still holding up like a champ!

Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!

MartiesMom2B
11-01-2006, 07:06 PM
I was going to recommend the snoogle too. I like it because it's not as bulky as a regular body pillow.

-Sonia
Mommy to Martie
& Li'l Girl Bunny to come Feb. 2007
http://bd.lilypie.com/Kchhm4/.png (http://lilypie.com)

TravelMom
11-03-2006, 08:23 PM
My husband bought me a Grow to Sleep Adjustable Body Pillow by Leacho from babycenter.com - I thought it pricey and bulky, but after I used it once or twice - I LOVE THIS PILLOW! It is absolutely wonderful - and comes with a pamplet with various sleeping / propping options. It also adjusts around my growing belly.
Also - as an added plus - the cotton cover comes off and you have two nursing pillows...but I haven't tried this as every time I see the pillow, I need to take a NAP! =)
Again, it is expensive, but I think it is the best thing I've bought thus far....
Hope this helps!

hcocca
11-16-2006, 11:25 AM
I have the Over Nighter, which is made by the Leachco (the same company that makes the Snoogle). It only seems to be available online, but it is defintely worth the shipping and handling. I love all of the different positions that I can sleep in with it. The only downside that we have run across is changing the cover (which has proven to be quite difficult!)

kekane
02-28-2007, 04:02 PM
i'm using a fosamax-filled pillow i bought at living in comfort. i'm reasonably happy with it. sometimes i wish i got one that wasn't so long (6'), because depending on how i position it, it can sometimes raise the blankets and leave a gap at my feet that lets cold air in. (but i'm a restless sleeper and am always changing positions).

and sometimes wish i got one of those types that curve around the neck. but i didn't because it seemed like more effort to switch sides.

there is a fosa-max filled one that is one giant U, which might resolve both those issues. but then it would be in the way for snuggling with my husband.

what i really want is the special insert my chiropractor uses on her table so i could sleep belly-down again!

MarisaSF
03-04-2007, 11:11 PM
I am so in love with my Back 'n Belly pillow by Leachco. It is like a double snoogle. It is heavenly.
http://www.amazon.com/Leachco-Inc-Back-N-Belly/dp/B0002E7DIQ

supercalifragilous
03-13-2007, 07:00 PM
This is an old post, but I just happened to notice that my favorite pregger+nursing pillow was on sale:

http://www.greatbeginningsonline.com/store/item.asp?DEPARTMENT_ID=224&ITEM_ID=15992

It's the Theraline Big V pillow http://www.bigvpillow.com/thera_bigv.html

I actually did pay $50 for my pillows so $30 is a steal!!! I used this instead of that rigid Boppy so I can't complain about the price - I did get my money's worth...

maestramommy
03-15-2007, 04:35 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE this pillow. Its the first I've used that supports my back without falling away. I'm hoping to keep using it while nursing in bed!

Bean606
03-19-2007, 07:17 AM
I really liked my Snoogle pillow. It is a long S shape, so you can wrap it in various different positions, and it was very comfortable. The only down side is that the cover was kind of cheap, and I never found nice replacement covers for it.

SAHMIL
03-26-2007, 11:48 AM
I highly recommend the Snoogle. it's about $50, but it was the best $50 I ever spent! I started using it before I even started showing b/c I was tossing and turning and trying to sleep on my side more comfortably, etc. Teh best thing is it helped to align my spine properly. And my husband loved it too, b/c as he put it "when my wife sleeps with the snoogle, I sleep."

The Snoogle also has a variety of uses for post-partum. You can use it as a doughnut to help with episiotomy recovery. For C-sections, there are a couple positions you can use. Right now, since i'm only 3 weeks more, I'm using it to help elevate my head. When my feet were swollen, I folded it up and used it as a cushion to elevate my feet. It is fabulous! Also has a boppy like aspect to it in that you can use it as a nursing pillow for when you nurse the baby in bed. So, there's my two bits.

SAHMIL
03-26-2007, 11:51 AM
>I really liked my Snoogle pillow. It is a long S shape, so
>you can wrap it in various different positions, and it was
>very comfortable. The only down side is that the cover was
>kind of cheap, and I never found nice replacement covers for
>it.

Babies R Us sells replacement covers.... check it out online.