PDA

View Full Version : Glamourmom tanks- Really worth it??

ajmom
09-22-2006, 10:44 AM
I've already nursed 2 children and lived without a GM tank. However, they seem to be so popular on these boards. I'm just not sure I can justify $40 on a tank top, even if this is my 3rd and last child. It does sound like it will solve some problems I had nursing the boys, particulary not wanting to "show off" the extra flab skin when nursing. Are they REALLY all they're cracked up to be?

brittone2
09-22-2006, 12:21 PM
No experience, but in reading the boards I think I'm going to go with a Corsierre. It seems like big busted moms don't like any kind of tank all that much. I am not graced with big breasts so no worries for me there ;) After reading the reviews, I think the Corsierre would work better for my body type. We'll see.

Not sure how well they work in terms of staying in place, but I've also considered trying something like the belly hugger in conjunction with my regular nursing bras. I haven't searched the archives for info on the belly hugger though, and it is new since I had my DS. Not sure how practical it really is?

nfowife
09-22-2006, 05:10 PM
I personally like them A LOT. I have 3 and wore them a ton with DD, especially in the beginning. Plan to use them even more this time since it will be cold out and I can wear them under things. I am a 34DD and wore a L in the bra style- do not get the tank style, the bra style is the good one! I find them to be supportive and comfy. I'd get a bra one in nude or white and see how you like it. But make sure you get the one with the bra straps! I would not be able to wear it alone, too much cleavage as they are quite low cut, but they are great for underneath stuff.

Momof3Labs
09-22-2006, 07:04 PM
I don't care for them. I find it harder to be modest while nursing in them since things usually don't line up with the holes, meaning more shuffling and shifting before I can latch DS2 on. At least with my normal nursing bras, I know where everything is when I pop one open!

FWIW, I'm about a 38D while nursing and ordered a size Large bra-style Glamourmom tank.

If you want to save a lot of bucks, try the nursing tanks at Target first - they are only $16.99.

smilla653
09-22-2006, 08:02 PM
I love them! I live in Chicago, and in the winter last year I wore one every day underneath whatever I was wearing. One caveat: They're not the best choice for *right* after the baby's born and it's useful to have the whole breast exposed.

I am a 38 DD (in reference to the other poster who was the same size but *didnt* like them. I prefer the regular style to the bra style.

You have to be careful with the Target nursing tanks. I have foudn them to run small and had to give the one I bought away.

new_mommy25
09-23-2006, 11:19 AM
I really like mine. I have several that are 2 years old and they have held up so nicely. I also bought a few new ones when DD was born. They're pretty much all I wear.

I am actually really excited about the new Bravado tanks. They look so flattering and are supposed to be great for bigger busted mamas. The local maternity shop near me carries them so I have been meaning to find the time to try one on. http://tinyurl.com/l9sk9

I don't care for the Target tanks. I wear them around the house but not out. The nursing openings are too big and show too much breast, and the waist is too short and shows my belly button.

table4three
09-23-2006, 11:49 AM
I really loved them. I wore them exclusively for over a year. I loved the extra belly coverage. The material is very soft. I also agree with the PP and recommend the bra style of them - more supportive and easier to adjust. I found them so comfortable that I even wore them to work and found that the way the holes are shaped, that it even helped provide some stability keeping the pump on while pumping. I tried motherhood, mimi maternity and target and by far, I found GM to be the best.

http://b2.lilypie.com/mkn7m5.png

citymama
09-24-2006, 09:20 PM
Absolutely LOVE my GM tops. I paid around $25 apiece for brand new tanks on Ebay. I have already gotten my money's worth in the 4 months I've been wearing them under tops, to sleep, by themselves - I'm a convert!

PS I am petite/small-framed - no idea how they work on more curvy women!

Katra1
09-26-2006, 01:47 PM
I looked at the website, and they have the Bra Tank Style or the Bra Top style. Which is best, and what's the difference?

table4three
09-27-2006, 10:23 AM
The bra top has more support and it is easier to close the bra flap latches. Also, it is easier to adjust. It has more traditional bra type straps.

The bra tank has straps that adjust in the back rather than the front, the mechanism to close the bra flap is slightly tricker (I never could do these with one hand but the bra top was easy with one hand). The straps are skinnier and made of fabric rather than a more tradional bra strap.

I tried both and by far preferred the bra top. HTH.

http://b2.lilypie.com/mkn7m5.png

citymama
09-27-2006, 08:38 PM
Personally I'm a big fan of the tanks - they can be worn out and not just underneath other tops, and look just like a regular tank. But again this may just be because of my build (petite)!

Don't forget to check out NWT auctions on Ebay!

C99
09-30-2006, 06:54 PM
IME, NO, they are not worth it. I bought a GM tank with my second, and didn't like it as much as my $13 K-Mart nursing tank. It ran shorter, leaving more of my post-partum flabby belly exposed, and the clips were a lot harder to open and close than the ones on my K-mart tank.

lydiaach
05-24-2007, 02:16 PM
I live in my Glamourmom tank (pink with lace at the bottom). I got a great deal at a local boutique and if I wasn't finishing my nursing within a few months I would buy 12 more!

I agree with the poster who said that things don't always line up like they should but it hasn't been an issue for me really.

wheezypig
05-29-2007, 01:34 PM
I have one and they are nice but I also have a nursing tank from Target that was $16 or $17 dollars and it works just as well.

JacksMommy
05-29-2007, 03:04 PM
I really wanted to love these, but they were a terrible fit for me, which usually isn't a problem for me as I'm average sized and love to wear tank and cami tops. Oh well!
Laurel
Mama to Jack 6/02 and Maddy 12/04

Babywearing education in Napa, CA

VClute
05-29-2007, 06:45 PM
When I'm nursing, I have pretty big girls - 38E this time around. To get through the opening of a GM tank, I feel like I'm squeezing toothpaste out of a tube. Same thing with my corsierre - though I like it better than the GM. I have to do a lot more work to extract my girls than with a traditional nursing bra. I've found a belly band or the like to be helpful with covering the postpartum belly flab. Just be sure you'll be in air conditioning all day. :)

Amy in NC
mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05
...and Abigail Rose, born 4/7/07

MarisaSF
05-29-2007, 08:10 PM
I love the BRA STYLE GM tanks.

The straps and closures on the BRA are much better than on the tank style.

aa2mama
05-31-2007, 05:56 PM
They're ok. I have a GM long tank, and I like its length but find it rather skimpy on support. I tried a Corsierre but returned it because there wasn't enough room in the bust for me and I really wanted the tank to be an inch or two longer.

I just got a Bravado tank today. I have only tried it on for a few minutes but so far it is looking to be my hands down favorite. There is enough room in the bust. It is supportive. The tank is hip length, and it doesn't cling to my postpartum tummy.

If you can't try them on in person, I would try a website with a good return policy. I've ordered mine from www.mom4life.com. She charges a 10% restocking fee, but she has good prices and fast shipping.

table4three
06-01-2007, 11:29 AM
and it doesn't cling to
>my postpartum tummy.
>
>If you can't try them on in person, I would try a website with
>a good return policy. I've ordered mine from
>www.mom4life.com. She charges a 10% restocking fee, but she
>has good prices and fast shipping.

mom4life.com also has free shipping through June!

http://b3.lilypie.com/n20Cm5/.png[/img][/url]

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev230pp___.png[/img][/url]