PDA

View Full Version : Ugh... Maternity underwear

VClute
09-29-2006, 11:25 AM
Ok. So this is my second pregnancy and I am DREADING the maternity underwear. I didn't find anything that suited me just right last time, so I'm hoping to find something better this time.

I like FULL coverage. I want underwear that will cover my butt AND my belly. (I'm one of those full panel-loving mamas.) I'd prefer a microfiber with a cotton crotch. Anyone found something like this? I have plenty of maternity CLOTHES, so I wouldn't mind splurging on some undies.

Amy in NC
mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05
...and a sequel! Due 3/30/07

HallsofVA
10-05-2006, 08:07 PM
The Medela briefs seem to be close to what you're describing, in terms of full coverage and different material with a cotton crotch. I have several pairs and wear them on days when I feel I need extra support. However, I can't wear them on days when I'm sitting a lot or won't be near a restroom, because the extra support seems to squeeze my bladder a lot more. These come up so high on me, that they practicly reach my bra, so I don't know if you could get anymore full coverage.

My Target maternity briefs from the last pregnancy come up really high (well over the bump and even higher than my pants.) I also had good luck with the Motherhood briefs, though they don't do a thing for me stylewise.

This pregnancy I've fallen in love with the Mimi Maternity briefs. While I wouldn't say they provide full coverage (meaning they don't come up over the hump), they come up over my belly button in front and have full coverage in the back. Most importantly they stay up, and don't slide or roll down.

I broke down and bought some Japanese Weekend briefs this pregnancy since I'd heard such great things about them, and was so highly disappointed that I don't wear them unless I have to. They constantly slide or roll down, and I have to pull them back up so much that I put a hole in the waist of one pair the first day I wore them! I have the same problem with Motherhood bikini models.

val01
10-08-2006, 03:26 PM
I have the ones from JC Penney and they are great. I didn't have any luck with Old Navy or Motherhood. They simply fell apart.

Valerie

thelish
10-09-2006, 11:13 AM
This may sound strange but I really like Victoria Secret panties in the full coverage brief. I am 36 weeks along and still wearing them. I purchased one size larger that I usually wear and have had great success. One caveat they don't go all the way over the bump but reach up to the navel. Just an idea!!
Alisha

hudsonam
10-12-2006, 02:34 PM
How about Bravado? I liked mine. I still wear the bikini ones now if I just want to lounge around the house and be comfy. :)

Erin_Matts_Mom
11-01-2006, 07:25 PM
For full coverage briefs I bought Jockey briefs a size or two bigger, and they worked great til the end of my pregnancy. I also loved my bravado briefs. They give great rear end coverage. They stay under your bump but are really comfortable.

VClute
11-21-2006, 02:08 PM
Ok. So I ordered two different kinds, both from Big Girl Bras (Gotta love that name!) www.biggerbras.com.

The first one is the seamless breathable power control panty by Anita, style 1502. This one was $18.00 for one pair. Yeesh! But it does provide the full coverage I was craving. The microfiber is nice and smooth under clothing. I expect these to last throughout the pregnancy - as in, I don't think it will become an under-the-belly at 7 months the way some underwear did.

The second style I tried is the seamless maternity brief by Fancee Free, style 21460. This one was 11.25, still pricey for underwear, if you ask me. But I like it. It doesn't have quite the substantial feeling of the Anita, but it does provide full coverage.

Shipping from biggerbras.com took approx 3 weeks.

I would like to have tried the Medela briefs mentioned, but couldn't find a US online retailer to buy from. Boo.

Amy in NC
mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05
...and let the shopping begin!

A GIRL (!!) Due 3/30/07