PDA

View Full Version : Yes! Nursing Bras are they good??

searchdog
09-29-2006, 05:12 PM
Someone mentioned Yes! nursing bras on another board I read and I looked into them and they are only around $15 on ebay, are they a good everyday nursing bra? Is there sizing calculation usually correct? My bras from DD should be thrown in the trash and the Yes! bras look like they would be comfortable but I want to make sure they are a good bra especially for everyday use. I am a SAHM so I don't have to wear work clothes if that makes a difference.

Oh if you know another brand that is better let me know. Last time around I just bought some at a department store and they weren't really comfortable but I got used to them, I really want something that is more comfortable this time around.

Thanks

I originally posted in feeding but some suggested I post here, so it is both places.

tarahsolazy
09-29-2006, 06:55 PM
You should get one and try it during pregnancy. I like them, but I like cotton bras without wires, and I don't have huge boobs. Maybe a small D while initially nursing. I could wear these to sleep in, FWIW.

I also like Blue Canoe Jane Plus tops www.bluecanoe.com . They are very soft, stretchy cotton, and have no fasteners, you just pull the cup aside. Also comfy enough to wear 24 hours a day.

basilicali
10-03-2006, 07:03 PM
I love them--I'm still wearing them even though DD stopped Bfing 3 mo ago. They are Bravado knockoffs at a great price, I am a 38c and they are great, also much less expensive than real bravados.
Karen

Piglet
10-03-2006, 11:49 PM
I actualy liked the Yes bra SOOOOO much better than the Bravado! The Bravado created a sausage at my ribs everytime I wore it and I never ever had that problem with the Yes bra. It was my go to bra (even though I only had 1). I will say that it isn't for dressy occasions as it lacks a bit of the support I am used to, but I wore it under t-shirts all summer long and it looked fine.

Kais Mum
10-04-2006, 12:57 PM
I purchased 2 based on some of the feedback I saw on here and I haven't worn them much yet (due in about a week) but I have to say I'm at a bit of a loss to see what's so great about them. I definitely couldn't wear them under a t-shirt because of the seam that runs right up the middle of the cup. I thought it looked terrible under my shirt when I tried it on. Yes, they seem like they will be comfortable, but I'm thinking at most I'll wear them to sleep in or for those days when I know I'll just be at home. It doesn't seem like it's a very supportive bra - not the way I like a daytime bra to be anyway (and I'm only a large C/small D when nursing) and the appearance under clothing leaves so much to be desired, IMO.

But with all that if your looking for something to lounge around in or sleep in, for the price they are probably a decent choice.

Piglet
10-04-2006, 03:18 PM
I guess it all comes down to the alternatives - they are all lousy or expensive, I think, LOL. I found that the seam was annoying, but not enough to stop wearing under t-shirts. I had a few other bras last time and they all had major short comings - the biggest was a soft cup bra that I couldn't fold down the cup on and couldn't BF in! I think that for me, I found that I needed the comfort more than the style in the early months. Later on, as BFing got easier and less frequent I switched to a different style and liked it the most. I think they are worth trying - don't knock them until you try them since I also didn't see the big deal until I was wearing mine all day long and cringing at the thought of going without on washing day! I should mention, I am a C cup when BFing, if that makes a difference.

Kais Mum
10-04-2006, 03:38 PM
Yup - I guess I should wait until I've really had a chance to take this bra for a real test-drive, but I wore it for part of a day and found it not to be any more comfortable than any other bra I've tried and finally took it off realizing I'll probably be happier with my favorite from last time - the cheapo underwire Motherhood bra with cups that snap at the center. The thick band around the rib cage really turned me off on the Yes bra. I suppose I'm just odd because I remember reading several reviews that sounded to me like women were having that kind of heavens-opened-and-angels-sang kind of moment when they finally put on a Yes bra. :)

Laundraholic
10-04-2006, 08:12 PM
I wore them for the first couple of months post-partum and they were my around-the-house and to-sleep-in bra. They were really comfy, and worked really well especially during the first couple of weeks when my breasts were changing a lot with my milk coming in...
I never had a problem with a rolling band like I've heard some complain about the (regular) Bravado.
I'd still be wearing to sleep at night but unfortunately they don't fit anymore -- my ribcage has shrunk down a LOT since giving birth 6 months ago, so my band size has decreased dramatically, although my cup size remains the same =)

They definitely are NOT "outside" bras... like any other type of sport-type bra they're not the most supportive and would make me look all soggy if I wore them with any type of semi-fitted shirt.

Now the bra i LOVE is the Bravado Microfibre Lifestyle Bra... it really has all the support of an underwire without being an underwire (which is supposed to be a no-no while nursing) and I feel all "supported" and uplifted and can wear it even with a thin tshirt.

Some website I've seen say that the Bravado Lifestyle fits a bit small and advise ordering a band- and cup-size up from what you would normally wear, but I found a perfect fit by following the directions for measurement on the Bravado site.

I still don't understand how the same measurements can produce such different sized according to different websites... according to different websites I measure anywhere from a 32E to a 34C to a 34B to a 36B!?!?!