PDA

View Full Version : LONG maternity jeans

JoyNChrist
10-13-2006, 02:42 AM
I'm having SO much trouble finding maternity jeans that are long enough for me. I'm 6' tall (ALL LEGS), and a size 4 pre-pregnancy. I can wear a 34" inseam, but prefer a 36". And it seems like NOBODY has anything longer than a 32", which looks like I'm preparing for a flood!

I tried on every pair of pants at Motherhood, and not one pair was long enough. Ditto for everything at Target and JCPenney. I don't live in a big city, so there's not a lot of selection. I guess I'll have to shop online, but I haven't been able to find anything so far.

Thank God I live in the South - all I have right now are capris, and I'd be freezing my tush off if I lived in a colder climate, lol. But it'll be cold here soon enough, and I'd like to be prepared.

TIA!
~Stacy

hudsonam
10-13-2006, 07:43 AM
Check out www.japaneseweekend.com. I think their pants are pretty long.

C99
10-13-2006, 02:09 PM
I'm sure that you've learned by now that many mass-market retailers just don't make things for your size. Same w/ maternity clothes. I'd start looking online for higher-end maternity retailers (maybe Google some of the designers listed here: http://www.kristak.com/designers.asp). The Japanese Weekend pants fit me well in my first pregnancy (and now), and I love the Babystyle pants, but I'm only 5'9" and my inseam is only maybe 32-33".

psophia17
10-13-2006, 03:11 PM
Maybe try the Bella band? I don't know where to find one, but it might work for you...

Piglet
10-13-2006, 05:28 PM
My good friend, who is blessed with much longer legs than mine, orders long inseams from Gap Maternity. In general, I find that all pants are cut longer these days, so maybe their long will be long enough?!

aa2mama
10-13-2006, 08:48 PM
J.C. Penneys has talls with a 34 1/2" inseam. Unfortunately their smallest tall size is medium. I'm also a size 4 pre-pregnancy and need a bella band to hold the pants up. GAP is another place that carries talls. Sometimes Old Navy does. I really wish that more places carried talls.

bethie_73
10-13-2006, 10:02 PM
I'm in the same boat and I wore JCPenney and GAP. They had the most selection in reasonable pricing. Most of what I found was 33"-34" inseam, but I wore below the belly and had no trouble with my winter baby.

ksli
10-14-2006, 02:22 PM
Try the Long and Lean style from the Gap in the long length. They should fit you fine.

Kathleen
DS Erick 1-7-05
EDD 4-15-07

JoyNChrist
10-22-2006, 06:47 PM
Thanks everyone - just wanted to come back and post that I ordered one pair of longs from JCPenney, Old Navy, and the Gap. We'll see what works best, and I'll return the others and order more of my favorite.

Thanks again!

leeza
10-25-2006, 12:57 AM
I've had good luck with Gap, Old Navy and Japanese Weekend (though you have to be careful - not all of them are quite long enough.) I also found long jeans at Mimi last pregnancy.

I hope that your three options work out!

Leeza
due 3/8/07 with boy #2