PDA

View Full Version : Headed to the US to SHOP!

laurel
10-30-2006, 01:48 PM
The title says it all. I know, I know, not very heady stuff, but it seems like a nice change of pace. :) We're headed to Grand Forks, ND in two weeks for a little weekend getaway and to do some shopping. I live in Winnipeg, Canada, so Grand Forks may not be Paris or Rome, but it's variety!

Any recent maternity clothes favourites or recommendations that are available in the bigger chain stores? I know they have Target, Kohls, Gordmans, not sure what else but am looking forward to more variety in maternity clothes than is available here.

Thanks!

Piglet
10-30-2006, 02:56 PM
You are too funny - I am in Calgary, so I feel your pain. We head over to Great Falls, Montana for shopping.

I love Target's Liz Lange Maternity line - well priced and decent quality. Not the biggest selection, but I always find a few key pieces and find they get a lot of wear.

Other than that, I have not been too impressed with Motherhood Maternity (not sure if they have it). Similar to Thyme Maternity, but slightly worse quality and slightly cheaper prices.

laurel
10-30-2006, 07:26 PM
Yeah, the options here are not good. Thyme is the big retailer, but the store closest to me is closed for renovations. What a tragedy, not being able to shop for overpriced, poor quality maternity clothes. A Motherhood Maternity recently opened in the 'outlet' mall part of the city so I checked it out the other day. I agree, the prices aren't 'quite' as ridiculous as Thyme, but ...... ugh. Complicate it all by the fact that I'm pretty sure this is the last time I'll be needing maternity clothes, and my desire to spend much money on them is at an all time low. :) Thanks for the Liz Lange suggestion, I'll be sure to check it out.