PDA

View Full Version : Looking for regular jeans that won't fall down!

sophiesmom
11-05-2006, 10:52 PM
I'm not pregnant, but have that ol' mommy belly. I'm finally close to my normal weight and have been buying cheap jeans from walmart since i'm losing weight. I actually like the jeans, but they are a stretch type, and by the end of the day are down at my hips! I also have a pair of Old Navy ones that do the same.

I'm looking for a reasonably priced pair of jeans, one that won't fall too low on my belly, but not too high either, and will stay up!!

Thanks!

shall85296
12-01-2006, 02:56 PM
Keep your same jeans, but buy a bella band ( got mine @ babystlye.com).
They help keep your pants up, or cover up your waistband if you want to unbutton them later on.
sh

SnuggleBuggles
12-01-2006, 09:06 PM
Congrats on your weight loss progress. :)

Honestly the only thing to really do is take a marathon shopping day and try jeans on everywhere. I was willing to pay an outrageous amount of money if it meant the jeans fit perfectly. But, before I headed to that store I tried on a plethora of jeans at Macy's and found a pair on sale for $20. I bought 2 pairs of them. :) I went to stores I never go to and tried on different sizes.

I was having the problem that the next size up than normal would fall right off as soon as I tried them on but the normal sized ones were barely buttonable.

At the Gap they told me to go with the ones that I could just barely button because of the stretch factor. So, don't stress too much if they are a bit snug initially because you know they will relax in a very short time. Aim smaller, rather than larger.

A few months ago Newsweek ran an article on how jean manufacturers were going to up the waistband from the low rise jeans (which not many people look good in) to a normal spot (I believe they said ideal was2 fingerwidths below the belly button but that doesn't seem right now when I try to measure).

Aim smaller, try on lots of pairs and look for some that aren't low rise to start with. Or just buy a cute belt. :) Or look for ones without spandex if you like how they feel.

Good luck. The quest for good jeans is not always fun but worth it in the end. :)

Beth

MamaMolly
12-01-2006, 09:32 PM
I also have a belly, always have. Made peace/friends with it looong ago.

A few years before I was pregnant, I also went on a marathon jeans buying spree, willing to pay major bucks for super jeans.

Low and behold, I found true love in the Lee 'One True Fit" line. Got 'em at Kohls for under $50 full price, usually about $20 on sale. They have a bit of stretch, and several styles. I wear a 12-14 depending on the style.

They even come in kakhis! Got those at Penney's. I can now fit into my 2 larger pairs, and am working hard to get into the others.

Congrats on the weight loss, and happy shopping!
Molly