PDA

View Full Version : nursing tops vs. nursing tanks

Canna
11-09-2006, 01:46 PM
I have some of both, and find the nursing tanks are way more useful to me. If you live in a very warm climate (like Texas or Florida, maybe) then the tops might be better for you. But I find the nursing tanks just so practical and live in them.

I like Expressiva - my experience with their clothes has been slightly better than with Motherwear. I just have liked their styles more and found they fit better, etc. The Motherwear site has some okay things too.

nyc_mom
11-10-2006, 12:57 PM
Hey there,

Whenever I BF in public I am always concerned about my stomach showing. I'm trying to decide whether I should purchase nursing tops to help with this or a nursing tank that I soul always wear under my clothes. My only issue with the nursing tank is that I'd have to wear 2 layers and I tend to alway be hot while BF. ALos any suggestions as to wear to purchase nursing tops? I have a free shipping code for Expressiva, are they any good? TIA!

nyc_mom

Erin_Matts_Mom
11-12-2006, 10:52 PM
I've tried nursing tops and nursing tanks and really think neither are that great. If I was somewhere that I needed to be really modest, I just put a receiving blanket over my kids.

Laundraholic
11-14-2006, 10:58 AM
I agree with the PP about neither worked really that well for me.
I found nursing tops didn't look that great, and both my DKs get really sweaty while nursing, so I was always hot while breastfeeding... so an extra layer wasn't comfortable.

With DS I had just used a receiving blanket, but this time around what I found to be really useful (esp when DD was just born and I had to latch her on myself, or now that she's 7 months and easily distracted) is a nursing canopy.
I like the Hooter Hiders one, because the boning allows you to maintain eye contact all the time, without having to hold up the canopy neckline yourself (or have someone hold it for you while latching).

Davids-Coco
12-05-2006, 12:57 AM
I have lived in nursing tanks from bravado since my son was born. I just layer them under nice non-maternity tops. Its great and I get all the coverage I need. The nursing tops tend to be two layers (at least in the front). It feels good to be wearing regular clothes too.