PDA

View Full Version : what are the most flattering plus sized maternity pants/skirts from gap?

lizajane
11-22-2006, 08:18 PM
i want to tell my parents what to get my sister for christmas- the timing will be great because she will hit 3 months right at christmas. but i am lost when looking at the website! what works well for an XXL? she doesn't like low rise and she has a long torso.

MeAndMyStar
11-22-2006, 11:19 PM
Definitely the full panel style. The no panel ones are too low rise for me. I lived in my corduroy pants with back pockets and full panel my whole pg. Actually, I still wear them occasionally (sshhh!) ;-)

It's funny, today at school someone asked me if I work at Gap (because basically my whole wardrobe is from there).

I love their maternity clothes. I had one black stretchy fabric skirt that was super flattering too. Can't go wrong with the full panel, I think.

-Sarah

lizajane
11-24-2006, 09:05 AM
thanks so much for the info!!

any other tips on other brands? i tend to suggest regular clothes for my sis and i know she is SO lost on maternity.

lilycat88
11-24-2006, 10:56 AM
I was a 16/18 pre-pregnancy and had the most luck with JC Penny. I would say 75% or more of my wardrobe was from there. Also, I would be curious about the Lane Bryant Maternity stuff.

lizajane
11-24-2006, 06:52 PM
do they have good suits? she is an attorney and has to wear business attire when in court.

leeza
12-14-2006, 10:08 PM
Lane Bryant just posted their new maternity line online, and it seems to include suiting and a couple of dresses... plus, they have 20% off online orders through the 17th.

HTH

Leeza