PDA

View Full Version : So what do you do at the end?

MartiesMom2B
01-04-2007, 09:14 AM
My clothes are getting smaller and smaller and I can't bring myself to buy more maternity clothes, knowing that I'm pregnant with my last child and I only have a little more than a month left. My shirts show off belly or stick out. Some of my pants are getting too tight in the thigh. Maybe it's time to raid DH's closet.

-Sonia
Mommy to Martie
& Li'l Girl Bunny to come Feb. 2007
http://bd.lilypie.com/Kchhm4/.png (http://lilypie.com)

C99
01-04-2007, 09:59 AM
I bought 1-2 things in the next size up, just to hold me over. I probably won't this time because a friend lent me a bunch of the next-size up stuff and most of it is far too big. One other idea that my friend did w/ great success was to buy a pack of men's white undershirts in the tank style and wear them under everything. They always stuck out underneath her maternity shirts and covered her belly.

lisams
01-04-2007, 12:46 PM
I recently went and bought 2 pairs of comfy pants and a couple tees just to get me through.

It's so depressing...but at least I'm comfortable!

jgriffin
01-04-2007, 06:57 PM
With E I just sucked it up the last month (not literally, of course!) and bought a couple of new things. It was a little easier knowing I was planning on having another, although I doubt I'll be able to wear much of what I wore the last month since it'll be a lot cooler this time. :( Since you won't be wearing them for long, you can always sell them on swap.

Can you find any maternity tops that double as nursing tops? Then at least you'd get more use out of them (assuming you plan to nurse).

aa2mama
01-04-2007, 07:51 PM
Uh, lounge around the house in a bathrobe all day.

Well...if that won't work, I'd buy a few inexpensive things. Target has some maternity t-shirts that are fairly long, and I also have drawstring pants from their loungewear department (not maternity but roomy).

charp2000
01-04-2007, 11:01 PM
As PP suggested, I like the idea of layering tanks under your shirt -especially since layering is still very popular.

I had a similiar problem towards the end of my last pregnancy - where several of my shirts were too short and my pants (under the belly kind) didn't feel like they were staying up.
I had got a black belly band type thing earlier in my pregnancy - (not the bella band but the same idea - band of stretchy t-shirt type-material) that worked great to cover up the area under my shirt and top of my pants and just looked like another shirt underneath.

Jill

Mommy to Benjamin 3/02 & Rachel 5/06

Piglet
01-05-2007, 04:33 PM
You prance around all excited because it means your clothes lasted right up to the 8th month and not the 5th like I am currently experiencing, LOL! Seriously - I popped in a big way last week and my maternity clothes that I bought at the end of PG#2 already don't fit with #3 :( The nice thing is that I can at least justify buying a few more pieces since I have 4 months to gom but like you this is likely my last one. I had the same problem as you in PG#2 - by the 8th month all my clothes stopped fitting. Fortunately, I had a friend that was a bit bigger than me and her clothes fit me well and I was able to borrow them. This time we are due around the same time... at the rate I am going, I will either need to pass my clothes down to her or find an even bigger friend to mooch off of! We need to organize a BBB Maternity Clothes SWAP!

val01
01-06-2007, 11:01 AM
I bought most of my maternity clothes from Kid to Kid - a resale shop. I paid about $6/7 a piece for shirts, pants, etc.

Check their website to see if there is one near you - www.kidtokid.com.

When you are through with them, you can sell them back for cash or store credit. They carry everything from furniture to kids clothes, etc.

Valerie

leeza
01-07-2007, 01:49 PM
Alas I am larger with my second pregnancy than my first, so many of my clothes were too small from the beginning... I didn't get much use out of the bella band my first go 'round, but like a PP suggested it's a great way to augment the shorter shirts and lower pants. (I swear it's the only way I can keep some of the pants on at the moment.) Tank tops also sound like a good idea for bridging the gap. I bought a nice little selection of Japanese Weekend during and after tops this time, so I can use them for nursing after I have DS2, but the length of several require the layered approach. At least it's winter, so it's not layers in 90 degree weather!

Good Luck!

Leeza
DS1 6/05, DS2 expected 3/07

MartiesMom2B
01-07-2007, 01:54 PM
LOL. Thanks for the laugh Marina. I'm already wearing large now. I think my butt is as wide as it was w/ PG#1 but I'm carrying different and my stomach sticks out instead of being wide. I just can't stand anything on my belly this time around too. Thank goodness that we are having a heat wave now, b/c I'm wearing knit capris and DH's shirts. I think I'd be wearing the same two pants if it was cold outside.

-Sonia
Mommy to Martie
& Li'l Girl Bunny to come Feb. 2007
http://bd.lilypie.com/Kchhm4/.png (http://lilypie.com)

o_mom
01-07-2007, 04:18 PM
I bought several non-maternity t-shirts in XL and XXL at Sam's Club and then just put a button down shirt over top (unbuttoned).

alkagift
01-08-2007, 08:45 PM
Sonia,
That happened to me last time and I hit consignment stores with great luck. Not only did they have nicer things than I thought, but almost all of them had one day a week that is some % off, whatever, and there were deals to be had, several things under $10 from Motherhood, Mimi, or Pea in a Pod.

Allison