PDA

View Full Version : Looking for maternity cold-weather fitness wear?

downwarddog
01-21-2007, 04:00 PM
I'm in NH and NEED to start walking to ward off some really bad circulation in my legs (aka varicose veins!)... It's WAY cold up here & I need to find some comfortable walking pants that will keep away the cold, something that's either windproof or has fleece on the inside or something like that.

I found 1 pair at Fit Maternity.com, but they're $60 for the pants alone. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Lenore
Due 6/07 w/Babe #2

Piglet
01-22-2007, 11:52 PM
What about layering? Wear maternity yoga pants with some pajama pants underneath or some tights underneath? When all else fails, I raid DH's closet for sweatpants. Not the most attractive thing in the world, but it works. One time it was -40F here, I was 8 months PG and I had to walk to a friend's house 10 minutes away - I wore my DH's snow pants with a maternity parka. I looked ridiculous, but I was warm and toasty.

downwarddog
01-23-2007, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately I married a pretty skinny guy! I've looked everywhere for other pants, but I may just have to suck it up & buy them. I can't afford any more excuses not to get out there & exercise!!!!

Thanks,
Lenore