PDA

View Full Version : earl maternity jeans and pants -- how do they fit?

mtnbaby
01-25-2007, 10:28 AM
hello--
I live out in the middle of nowhere so cannot try them on--has anyone had Earl maternity jeans or pants? How do they run (big or small)? I have to order on internet...thank you!

C99
01-26-2007, 11:07 PM
I have a pair that I am about to sell because I don't like how they fit on me. I don't know how they run compared to other jeans because the sizing is European versus American. I am 5'9" and 135 lbs not pregnant and I wear a size 29. They are long, which is nice for tall people, and stretchy, but they are low-rise in style and I am carrying low so I am constantly hiking them up.

ifly
01-29-2007, 01:32 PM
>hello--
>I live out in the middle of nowhere so cannot try them on--has
>anyone had Earl maternity jeans or pants? How do they run
>(big or small)? I have to order on internet...thank you!

My favorite jeans during my first pregnancy were a pair of Earl jeans that I bought on Ebay for around $30. They have a couple of stretchy panels on the sides (where the pockets are) that are the same color as the material so they don't scream MATERNITY! I didn't gain very much weight and carried my baby very high, so I wore these up until my daughter was born - with my husband's belt! The denim is stretchier than regular jeans, which is another plus.

I was so pleased with them that I just bought another pair on Ebay in a darker wash. The pair that I had were very simple - a dark wash with no detailing on the pockets. I am only 5'2 and wore these with a low-heeled sandal since they were a little long (maybe a 31' inseam?) but I am planning to hem my new pair so that I can wear them with flats or tennis shoes.

I typically wear a size 4 in Gap jeans, so I wore a size 28 in Earl from about 5 months - 9 months. They fit great!