PDA

View Full Version : GM Maternity Tank vs. GM Long Tank

Piglet
02-15-2007, 06:23 PM
I have a regular GM Bra Tank already, but it is just too short for wearing immediately post-partum (with my mat pants). Does anyone have one of these longer ones? How do you like it? Could you see yourself using the maternity one after baby is born or will it be too long/baggy? I would love to buy a longer GM bra tank for wearing right after the baby is born both in the hospital and for the first little while at home, but I can't decide if I should buy a maternity tank or just a long regular tank:

http://www.glamourmom.com/NS_productpage.php?ItemNum=14

vs.

http://www.glamourmom.com/NS_productpage.php?ItemNum=17

Thanks,

MarisaSF
02-19-2007, 01:22 AM
Sorry that this is not really answering your question, but I wanted to say that I highly recommend the "bra" closure over the "tank" closure on the glamourmom tops. The "bra" clasps and straps are much more supportive -- especially for that immediately post-partum engorgement!

I understand the desire for a longer top though. It's too bad that they made both of the "long" styles with the regular clasp.

I found that glamourmom has the "lace trim" bra top that is a little bit longer (1") than the regular. Would that work? I'm eyeing it for myself because I want the bra closure, but see the appeal of a longer top.

I haven't tried or seen IRL either the maternity or the long one, but I'd get the long one for post partum. I fit into a regular one a few days post-partum; they're stretchy.

(ETA: ignore above if you already know you like the support of the tank clasp. ;) I just re-read that you already have one.)

HGraceMom
02-22-2007, 10:41 AM
I just ordered & received one of each:
lace trimmed top, & long tank & bra tank

I'm regularly a size 6, so figured I should order up one size to a Medium (8-10) for wearing now (2 weeks pp.) I'm sending the lace trimmed top & the bra tank back to size up one more!, and wouldn't consider re-ordering the lace trimmed top... Though it is a bit longer, upon trying it on, the lace is really itchy.

I'm going to exchange them for 2 size Large long tanks. Wearing them a big "scrunchy" around my belly is slimming, IMO. (Ok, it's probably not really slimming, but DH was willimg to humor me - remember, I'm only 2 weeks pp :) As I lose the baby weight, I figure I can shrink the long tanks a bit until I really need the smaller size (hopefully by early summer they'll include a few brighter colors in the long tanks.)

I have a GM code if you'd like to use it - I'd be happy to trade for future purchases - ANCA61 -

HTH & wasn't too rambling - DD2 was wide-eyed from 2-4:30am!