PDA

View Full Version : Plus size swimwear?

mommabear
02-23-2007, 09:18 AM
I need a swimsuit soon for a cruise. My problem is that in bottoms I need a large but none of the tops fit my boobs. I am a prepreggy size 16-18w but I carry my weight in my boobs and tummy so I can wear smaller sizes in maternity pants. I ordered an old navy set with an xxl top but it gave no support in the chest and I had cleevage to my navel. So what should I do. Would a regular swimsuit in a larger size work or would my tummy outgrow it as I think I will get pretty big and am only due in Ausust.
Please help I'm desperate.
thanks

alkagift
03-28-2007, 11:40 AM
I don't have personal experience, but I did notice that Motherhood stores had swimsuits in larger sizes--they have a plus size section. I would recommend going into the store to try on instead of online, since swimsuits are so weird.

Allison

cpepper
04-05-2007, 10:42 PM
I am also a 16/18 prepregnancy. For a swimsuit after baby number one I got a tankini style from lands end that was a 18 tall. It had a pretty supportive shelf bra (I am 38DD)> I got the tall becuase I am 5'9" and have a longer torso. This swimsuit actually gave me coverage at the begining of my 2nd pregnancy ( through month 6 about) I was thinking if you are shorter than me it might be a good materinity top paired with maternity bottoms. I noticed JC penny has maternity suits that you order as seperate pieces so you can get different size tops and bottoms. I am not sure on the support of the Jcpenny suits but the bottoms seem to have plenty of coverage. I haven't had good expereince finding plus size maternity at motherhood. It might jsut be the stores I have gone in but they all seemed really limited in selection and the stuff was so short, nothing worked. JC penny online is definetly my favorite plus size maternity store. Hope this helps

MamaMolly
04-06-2007, 01:48 PM
I bought a 16 tankini from the Liz Lange Maternity at Target last year. The top was a little roomy at first but as the pregnancy progressed I really loved it. The trick will be getting one that will expand comfortably over your tummy. Lands End has a lot of mix and match this year. Have you tried there? Good luck!