PDA

View Full Version : finsished with my materinity clothes

HGraceMom
02-23-2007, 12:31 PM
and now what should I do with them?

I have a pretty big collection of maternity clothing I'd like to get rid of - generally size Medium (I'm a pre-preg 5'7 135lb top size 6-8, bottom size 8-10)

I have ons of Gap Maternity (pants, capris, twinsets) Old Navy (sweatshirt / hoodies, courdoroys, jeans) Mimi, and various others (tshirts, shorts, skirts, dresses...) About 1/2 is new for this pregnancy, the other 1/2 is stuff I carried over from last time - Everything I'd try to sell is in really good shape... Where should I go to sell them all?

TIA!

megs4413
02-23-2007, 05:42 PM
good question!

i have had the best luck offering things piece by piece on craigslist and swap. i would make a photobucket album or something similar so people can kind of browse your selection. take really great pictures of everything and describe things as accurately as you can. make sure you hang your clothes to be pictured....people are less likely to buy something if it's laying on the floor (IMO). make sure everything is as wrinkle free and looking good as possible and then see what you get. price things cheaply....people don't want to feel like you're gouging them. i list things about a $1 cheaper than i'd be willing to pay.

i wanted to sell my stuff as a lot, but it never MOVED. i offered it for SO cheap, but nothing....then i took the time to really get things pictured and priced...and in two sales of things individually made as much as i was asking originally for the whole lot. people just didn't want it all...they wanted to pick!

i HTH....good luck!

C99
02-24-2007, 12:30 AM
IME, maternity clothes do not do really well unless they are recent and/or high-end. Styles have changed so much since I was pregnant in 2004-2005, let alone the stuff I wore when I was pregnant with my DS in 2002-2003. You can try BBB-Swap, although you'll probably have better luck on eBay. You can also try local consignment stores. After DD was born, I gave all of my stuff to a non-profit that caters in part to pregnant women.