PDA

View Full Version : Some kind of butt support pants?

maestramommy
03-15-2007, 04:34 PM
I don't know if this exists, but please let me know. I've been having really bad pain in the butt area because my muscles keep knotting up. Generally they make it hard to walk without pain, and it always gets worse after I've been sitting. I've started sitting on a ball, which helps with that. However, today I suddenly started getting REALLY bad pain in the inner hip area in the front. It protests every time I put weight on my foot. I made an appt with the chiro, then rested for a while. The pain in the back is gone for now (wouldn't you know), but the pain in the back is still there. It's more in the base of my bum, almost where the leg ends and the bum begins. I've noticed that if I press on the whole area with my hand or "lift" it, while walking it doesn't hurt. This is also true on the other side.

Is this true for anyone else? Is there some kind of "butt" girdle for pregnant women out there that doesn't cost a fortune? I'm much bigger than I was in my last pregnancy and carrying out more, which is probably why I'm having this problem, at least so early.

I have a massage appt Saturday, and my OB appt Monday, so I can address it then, but I find that massage and chiro only provide temp. relief (as int 24-48 hours), so if there's something I can do on a regular basis I'd love to know what it is. TIA!

youngmommy
03-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Could be symphysis pubis dysfunction.

http://www.babyworld.co.uk/information/pregnancy/pregnancyproblems/pregprobs_pelvicjointpain.asp

I didn't have this at all, as far as I remember, with my first, but I have a pretty severe case of it with this pregnancy.
Please seek help with it asap if the symptoms sound like what you have, and pay attention to see if it will turn into that. It's taken me awhile to find a good physical therapist to work with, and I wish I had known about this sooner. Mine just started with pain in the side of my groin and pain in my hip.

I hope you are able to feel better soon!