PDA

View Full Version : Maternity body pillow questions

katydid1971
03-27-2007, 08:48 AM
Do you use a maternity body pillow or wedge pillow? Does it help you sleep better? Does it bother DH's sleep? With a toddler to chase after and carry around and my regular out of shape pregnant body I am having more back problems this time and was wondering what people think of those body pillows and wedge pillows for sleeping.
TIA
Sarah

halloween75
03-28-2007, 03:45 PM
I love the hooked on comfort pillow at www.rightstart.com - I used a body pillow for awhile but when I was bigger it was just not forming right or supporting my back. this supports everywhere you would want and the right amount of cushy - not too stiff or bulky - it's like boppy material. You basically sleep in it (like a nest) so it doesn't take over the bed and nother DH. And you can use it for the baby when he's born. i debated for awhile and didn't get it until I was 8 mos and really hurting and should've done it earlier. Looks like there is a lot of info on this topic on a post below....

bradensmom
03-31-2007, 04:26 PM
I bought a long body pillow on overstock.com during my first pregnancy. My hips would hurt if I didn't have a pillow between my legs at night. The pillow was wonderful...the only downside was trying to keep my husband from hogging it!

MarisaSF
03-31-2007, 07:04 PM
I ultimately used 8 or so (smallish) pillows with my last pregnancy -- each propped up a different part of my body and I added one every couple weeks. By the end my bed was just full of pillows. It was hard to flip over side-to-side during the night.

This time I treated myself to the Leachco Back and Belly pillow (http://www.amazon.com/Leachco-Inc-Back-N-Belly/dp/B0002E7DIQ/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-8173097-2408829?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1175389261&sr=8-1) it is like a double Snoogle. It has an area that serves as a wedge for under the belly. I got it around 20ish weeks and am at 34 weeks now; I am so in love with it! I love the dual-sidedness of it. I can flip over without readjusting my pillow(s).

I worried that it would be too big. We have a King-sized bed though and there's plenty of room for me and my pillow on one side and DH on the other with room to spare. I'm honestly even consdering bringing it with me when I deliver the baby at the hospital.

Bean606
04-01-2007, 06:43 PM
I used a Snoogle, and loved it. I also had a lot of back problems, and although I was generally not in favor of it, my ob/gyn sent me to a chiropractor who specialized in pregnant women, and she was a total lifesaver. Good luck!