PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about women's Keen sandals

hudsonam
04-04-2007, 08:47 PM
I really want a pair now that I checked out their site! I love the Waimea and the Bali, because I hate my big toe, so they would disguise it! What style(s) do you have and do you love it? How do they run?

TIA! :)

ETA: Since I have no self-control, I just ordered Keen Trinidads with the Shoes.com 20% code.

http://www.shoes.com/product.asp?p=5018552&variant_id=59641

Can't wait to try them!

cmyk
04-04-2007, 09:36 PM
I have two pairs of the Bali--Light Green/Yellow and the Mango/Dream. I LOVE these shoes, they are my all-time favorite casual sandal. I wear with capris, shorts, jeans and casual/sporty skirts. I prefer the green; it's a surprisingly versatile color for summer. When they get dirty, just toss in the washer and air dry.

I normally wear 9M but wear 8.5 in the Bali style.

The only downside is to this particular style is the odd tan line from the straps :)

Hope that helps!
Shelley

C99
04-04-2007, 09:49 PM
I really like them. I have the Bali, which I bought last summer, and the Taos, which I bought the previous summer. I still have and wear both pairs. I tried on the Newports, but the elastic back forced my foot too far into the toebox and put me in between sizes. Getting used to the Bali was a bit of a learning curve because you can easily pop your other toes out of the toe thing - deliberately, not accidentally. My feet tend to smell w/ the Taos, but it doesn't happen with the Bali.

I am debating whether to get a third pair of Keens this summer too. They are so comfortable and go with just about everything. They also fit well into my active chase-after-kids lifestyle without looking too sporty or frumpy, although they are not at all dressy.

mapg
04-05-2007, 05:52 AM
I have the Trinidad, the Bali, the Newport and the Venice. Not a big fan of the Trinidad because of the thong part (I have really short toes). I have them in different sizes (the Newport and Venice and in kids size 6), the Bali is a 7, the Trinidads a 6.5. (My Bikenstocks are are a ladies 6, my Saucony Hurricanes are a 7.5, I measure a 6-6.5) I live in my keens. I didn't like the leather, the Zoe, I think. I have a really high instep, and they fit more like Clarks.

pb&j
04-05-2007, 06:41 AM
I have the Bali's in green, and love them! I have the Newport H2's in red (my first pair, from 3 yrs ago), and love them! I think the Bali' run a little larger than the Newports: I have 7.5 in both, and I definitely could have gotten a 7 in Bali, while the Newports are pretty snug.

-Ry,
mom to Max the one year old
and my girl in heaven

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37124.gif

hudsonam
04-05-2007, 07:07 AM
You know, I didn't even think about it, but I have a long big toe, so I hope it doesn't hit the toe guard. :( I like the Bali a lot too, but my feet are so flat and narrow that regular slip on shoes usually fall off of me.

lizajane
04-05-2007, 07:28 AM
i have the newports, LOVE THEM, and they run a little short. but i also have the barcelona, LOVE THEM, TOO!, and they run big! I am way bummed because they stretched out almost a whole size in only a week or two of wear.

Lucia
04-05-2007, 08:27 AM
I have been wanting to try a pair of Keen sandals for awhile...thanks for starting this link. Would you mind sharing the coupon code? Thanks!

hudsonam
04-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Sure! I got it from the Bargains board - 20% off w/minimum $50 purchase, code SPRINGSALE exp 4/15/07

I also saw a good deal on some at www.reioutlet.com. :)

mapg
04-05-2007, 09:54 AM
My daughter has long narrow feet (mine are square) and she was able to wear the one with the thong, she hates the other styles because of the width. So you may have made the right choice. The Bali has a pretty high instep. Have you tried Chaco's? I would love a pair, but my feet are too wide.

Lucia
04-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Thanks! I just placed my order!

tigeratty
04-08-2007, 08:20 AM
Hi, I am considering purchasing a pair of Keens for an upcoming trip to Greece which will have a lot of touring but also beach time. I am looking for something rugged for the walking and the beach, but also that wouldn't look stupid with a skirt (plan to wear skirts for touring as I look horrible in shorts). I have sort of wide feet and a long 2nd toe. I normally like Clarks and Saucony sneakers. Thanks!

mapg
04-08-2007, 09:26 AM
I would say buy the same size in Keen's as Saucony's or a half size down. Just so happens they are my brands. Watch the insteps on the leather, some aren't as high as others (guessing since you like Saucony you have a high instep).
I consulted with my family members who have long toes, they say size up in the Newport style if you don't want your toes to brush the end.

smiley525
04-09-2007, 09:38 AM
Sizong questions-I'm a size 9 or Euro 40, it says both 9 and 9.5 are Euro 40, they are out of the 9, but have 9.5? Is it the same?

daisymommy
04-09-2007, 10:43 AM
What is the difference between the Newports and the Newport H2 ?

daniele_ut
04-09-2007, 11:44 AM
>What is the difference between the Newports and the Newport
>H2 ?

Basically the difference is in the material. The 2007 Newports are a Waterproof Leather, while the H2s are made of webbing (like Tevas)

mapg
04-09-2007, 02:47 PM
I can't see a half size making that much of a difference on this shoe.

KBecks
04-11-2007, 08:32 PM
I'm interested in this brand now, but must try them on in person to know if they will work for me. Anyone know if REI carries a lot of styles/sizes? I don't have a Nordstrom's nearby. Any other suggestions?

OK. Nevermind. I checked the dealer loactor on their web site :)

KBecks
04-11-2007, 08:32 PM
I'm interested in this brand now, but must try them on in person to know if they will work for me. Anyone know if REI carries a lot of styles/sizes? I don't have a Nordstrom's nearby. Any other suggestions?

OK. Nevermind. I checked the dealer loactor on their web site :)