PDA

View Full Version : Is it giving up if I go buy bigger pants?

hudsonam
04-10-2007, 09:36 AM
LOL... I have been gaining weight over the last year due to medication I am taking, and I switched meds and it's gotten better, but the jeans I bought several months ago are getting really tight, and as I sit here with my arthritis in my feet absolutely killing me from doing my aerobics last night, not to mention my knee that kills me while I'm actually doing the work-out, I'm thinking, "Screw it... I'll keep exercising, but I'm not going to torture myself... I'm going to buy bigger jeans." Is that giving up? ;) LOL!

Lynnie
04-10-2007, 09:54 AM
no.

get jeans that fit and are flattering that make you feel good about yourself.

then, you can gradually work on the weight loss and exercising without killing yourself.

elliput
04-10-2007, 10:06 AM
No, it is not giving up. Pants that fit properly actually make you look slimmer.

table4three
04-10-2007, 10:08 AM
I agree - pants that are the right size are a lot more flattering than ones that are too small that I try to squeeze into. Not giving up at all!

http://b3.lilypie.com/n20Cm5/.png[/img][/url]

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev230pp___.png[/img][/url]

newmomto3kids
04-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Funny enough, I just went out recently to buy new jeans (read: bigger jeans). I had not bought new jeans in years, and when I went to try on a bigger size, I found that the size inflation has been so great over the last few years, that I still fit in my original size because that size is larger now.
So, you never know, you might not need a bigger size, just a new pair!!

KBecks
04-10-2007, 11:42 AM
I think it's OK to buy bigger pants, but don't buy a LOT of bigger pants. KWIM? Stick to a few pairs.

DebbieJ
04-10-2007, 12:23 PM
Buy clothes that makes you feel comfortable and attractive. The size doesn't matter.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

gatorsmom
04-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Honest- I'm not making this up just to be nice, it's true. Buying pants that fit will help you lose weight because you feel better in them. If you feel good about how you look, you are less likely to eat to make yourself feel better, kwim?

Any nutritionist will tell you not to keep telling yourself that you will just lose some weight and then you'll fit in your jeans. Because everytime you put the jeans on that's a reminder that you aren't quite there yet. (and then you get depressed and you eat, or at least that's what I do).

Buy yourself a couple of well-fitting outfits that you like. It will perk up your day and you won't care so much about the weight. You deserve it.

s7714
04-10-2007, 04:16 PM
I agree with the PPs. Buy a new pair or two that fit right and make you look good! It's not giving up!

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org

hudsonam
04-11-2007, 07:53 AM
Thanks everyone! I found a pair of Gap jeans right away that fit great, and I'm so glad I did. :)

hudsonam
04-11-2007, 07:53 AM
Thanks everyone! I found a pair of Gap jeans right away that fit great, and I'm so glad I did. :)