PDA

View Full Version : Need some new clothes....

robinsonbn
04-15-2007, 11:33 PM
I need some new clothes, but I am really bad at what is "in style" ect. I have been living in Hoodies and jeans, double t-shirts ect. I have a few nice outfits I wear when I have to plus I have alot of shaws (which I love but everyone teases me for but come on I just had a baby and they hide a world of sin) however, since I was preggers last summer I have maternity summer wear, and then post baby summer wear. I don't think my short shorts and skirts with tight tank tops are going to cut it now that I am a mom. I need advice on style. I am 21, about to graduate from college a mom and wife...I don't want to dress like some girls my age (aka skimpy) but I don't want to look like I am dressing to "old" if you know what I mean. Any advice?

hudsonam
04-16-2007, 09:47 AM
I am 30 and I primarily shop at Banana Republic (the outlet though). I also pick up some basics at places like Old Navy and Gap. For work clothes, I do a lot of Banana and also Ann Taylor Loft. HTH! :)

lizajane
04-16-2007, 05:58 PM
i have had GREAT lucky with jcrew lately. their prices are honestly out of my range, but with some "bonus" money and sales, i managed to get quite a bit. their "short" items aren't too short for a 31 year old mother of two (not their REALLY short stuff, but the regular short stuff... like skirts, NOT mini skirts, if that makes sense...) and i find their tops to be flattering without being tight. i still see college folk wearing their clothes, so i don't think it is too old.

jvs195
04-17-2007, 07:09 AM
The things you really need to think of as a mom are keeping your clothes on while you lift/carry/play with DC and clean afterwards. If your legs are good there are a ton of cute shorts out this season. I love the Shadeclothing tees because they are long enough to bridge the gap when I bend over etc.. At your age you should still be able to wear fun things-colors and a few trends. H&M has great trendy fun items, Gap and Banana are great for staples and Ann Taylor Loft for dressier things should round you out.

hudsonam
04-17-2007, 08:15 AM
Oh yea, how could I forget JCrew!? I love their clothes, although their pants gap on me. But I picked up a bunch of shorts and tanks on sale last fall and I love them.

KBecks
04-17-2007, 08:39 AM
I'd suggest you look for tops that have a little more detail than a t-shirt and are feminine. You could try Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and I'm sure there are cute summer tops at Target and Kohls too. Fun jewelry can make you feel more put together. It's tough with little ones though, because they are grabby.

You can also try longer shorts, cute skirts a few inches above or at the knee, and capri pants. Also go for feminine looking sandals (i.e. not chunky) with a reasonable heel you can move in. Of course, you may want something more athletic for the playground, but get something cute for around town.

Makeup can also make a huge difference, so you may want to consider your summer look in that area too.

Have fun!

robinsonbn
04-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Thanks everyone. My mom and I are taking a mother-daughter day and going shopping this Saterday. Hopefully I will find some cute stuff. I forgot about shoes though....DH may freak if I bring home more shoes...i have about 50-70 pairs I can't resist shoes. Almost none have heals though..for me high heels usually turns into a twisted ankle..that's what I get for being a tom boy for so long. Anyway, thanx for all the great advice I can't wait to get shopping but am dreading the post baby sizing :)