PDA

View Full Version : Plus Size Bra Suggestions

bonnie0128
04-23-2007, 08:52 PM
I would really appreciate your suggestions for comfy, supportive maternity and nursing bras (tanks too) for my ever-expanding plus size (right now I've just entered my 6th month and I'm about a 44D). I'm on a really tight budget and can't afford to keep trying different brands - I usually go for "clearance" prices with my pre-pregnancy bras!

Thanks!

cpepper
04-24-2007, 10:38 PM
I am a 38 DD and love the bravado Supreme nursing bra. They are not cheap about 50 but will last a long time and I haven't felt the need to try another. I purchased 6 2 years ago and have been wearing them straight since then. 2 of them are starting to show wear but the rest are great. I machine wash them and occasionally they go through the dryer so I think this wear is really good.

trumansmom
04-24-2007, 10:49 PM
I would agree with this recommendation. (I'm a 42 G or H, depending on the bra) DD has been weaned for months, and I still occasionally grab one of these. The rest of my nursing bras have long since been thrown away.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

writermama
04-25-2007, 11:13 AM
I'm currently a rather ridiculous 38H. I dream of being a D or DD again if only so my favorite Medela seamless soft-cup bras will fit properly again.

http://tinyurl.com/3abejj

I really like the clasp, the natural shaping, the wide straps, the fact that they come in beige and black as well as white, and the price isn't bad.

Oh darn, they only go up to 40. Hmm. That changes things. It looks like you have a lot of options in that size range, though (in comparison, I've only found about 5 bras that come in my size, none of which I really like).

Take a look at birthandbaby.com -- if you look at the "shop by size" you can find lots of options in several styles. They're also good at sizing advice.

For tanks, I like the Target ones -- they're not enough support for me to wear outside the house, but I like them for sleeping.

cpepper
04-25-2007, 11:05 PM
Sorry I didn't realize that Bravado sizes stop at 40. Honestly if I were in your situation I might try a 40 with a bra extender. I just really think this bra is great. THe other thing is if you weren't a 44 before pregnancy you might drop back down soon after giving birth. I think my ribs really expand during pregnancy but then tend to drop back down. I think I bought 2 bras when I was pregnant for nursing and then ordered a couple more a couple of weeks after birth. It seems like that is when I reached the size I stayed at. Hope this helps. Good luck