PDA

View Full Version : Bella Band color recs?

nupe
04-28-2007, 06:18 AM
I was searching on maternity clothes and saw a rec for Bella Band. Looks so handy. Just trying to decide what colors I would need. Nordstrom has 5 colors!

Maybe a light and a dark?
I tend to wear skirts in lighter colors and darker colors for slacks.

ETA:
I found a link on this website that provides 10% and it looks like FS too. The color options in my size are a bit limited though.
http://bellaband.com/press.html

daisymommy
04-29-2007, 10:18 AM
I had a black and a white one. Seemed to go with everything!

Lilysmom06
04-30-2007, 09:52 AM
I also had a black one and a white one as well. However, I wore the black one once, and never wore the white one. I just didn't find them comfortable or useful. I would start with one only, and make sure that you like it first.

Good luck! Kathy

table4three
04-30-2007, 10:42 AM
I had really high hopes for the bella band and bought a black one and a white one, but they didn't work out as well as I hoped.

I tried them over unbuttoned non-maternity jeans and pants and it got uncomfortable because the unbuttoned pants indented in my belly, etc and the band slipped all the time and needed constant adjusting.

I also tried to use it to smooth out maternity pants when you get that noticible line all around the belly where the demi panel falls. It does smooth out the line, but again needs constant adjusting and slips a lot.

It seems like such a great idea, but for me it just didn't pan out. :(

http://b3.lilypie.com/n20Cm5/.png[/img][/url]

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev230pp___.png[/img][/url]

Nooknookmom
04-30-2007, 12:07 PM
ITA-the band slipped up all the time, drove me nuts.

nupe
04-30-2007, 04:16 PM
I had only read good things about this product. I should have posted to ask how you all like it first. I think I'll have to try it out before I buy it.
Thanks for the feedback.

Nupe

JoyNChrist
05-03-2007, 11:36 PM
Add me to the not so impressed list.

Great idea, but it just didn't function well. And if you get hot and sweaty, it itches.

Better to just buy maternity clothes that actually fit.

neeter
05-04-2007, 12:40 AM
Me too. I usually wear my pants sort of lowcut, and the band is made for more over the tummy, not under it...so I couldn't get it to work for me. It wouldn't fit over my hips, and I hated the feeling of it over my tummy... Luckily I just tried my friends'...see if you can try it first before buying.

nupe
05-04-2007, 06:23 AM
I hated OTB w/my first pg. This band really doesn't sound like it is for me. With the new lower rise regular styles, i am able to wear regular pants into pg much more than the last time around.

Thanks,

trales
05-04-2007, 08:12 AM
I found it needing to be constantly adjusted, hot and rather uncomfortable. That being said, I wore it all time to make sure I did not show belly between my pants and shirt as I wrote on the board, and my pants did not slip down in the back when I bent over to help students.

Tracey Mom to Frances 5 weeks

babydogs3
05-05-2007, 02:52 PM
I also have the white and black so they go with everything.
I don't like them too much either. I only heard good things about them before I bought them. But they tend to slip a lot and aren't that comfortable. I prefer just wearing maternity clothes earlier.

~Christine~
Baby #1 due 11/7/07!!!
I sell premade scrapbook pages and custom albums. Email me for more info.

alexsmommy
05-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Different experince - I only have the black one, but I've really liked it. It was great when I was at that in-between stage and I still use it with a pair of underbelly jeans that don't stay put. I have a feeling I'll be bringing out out post-partum for open shorts.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03
and #2 in early summer '07